Found: 1900 by George B.
Meacham and John W. Molson
Description of Molson Ghost Town
The town of Molson was founded in 1900 by promoter George B. Meacham
and real estate and beer brewing investor John W. Molson. The city got its name after investor that
helped to create this settlement. At the time this name was
fairly famous for Molson Beer that run by a Molson family. The city quickly grew to a
population of 300 residents. Molson had its own hotel, saloon,
general store and even its own newspaper. Additionally the town
had an attorney, postmaster (Walter F. Schuyler) and a doctor.
The mines that helped to create Molson, Washington failed and by
the end of 1901 the population went into sharp decline and
numbered only 13 people. It grew slightly around 1905 when news
of a new railroad being build, but it didn't last too long. The city was incorporated on February
13, 1920, by the next year it was disincorporated on October
6th, 1921. On August 11, 1967 the post office was discontinued
thus ending the history of town.
Today Molson Ghost Town is not entirely abandoned. It
serves as a open air museum. Many of the buildings are open to the
public. The interior of many buildings are well preserved in their
original state. Nothing is fake, no items were recreated by recent