Leninski is an agro-town in the Zhabinkovsky district of the
Brest region of Belarus. Center of the Lenin Village Council.
Population 1724 people (2020). The settlement is located 7 km
south-east of Zhabinka and 17 km south-west of Kobrin near the
border with the Kobrin region. The M1 motorway passes through the
village. The area belongs to the Vistula basin, around the village
there is a network of reclamation canals with flow into the
Trostyanitsa and Mukhavets rivers.
Belskikh estate "Otechizna" (XVIII-XX centuries). Only the
buildings of the distillery and the warehouse (early XX century) and
fragments of the park have survived from the former manor.
Monument at the grave of victims of fascism.
Fatherland giant oak
The Fatherland Oak Giant is a botanical natural monument of national importance in the Zhabinka district of the Brest region. It is located in an open place in the ancient park Atyachizna, located northwest of the agro-town Leninsky, 300 meters from the highway M1 / E30 (Brest-Minsk-border of the Russian Federation) and 9 meters from the concrete fence of the distillery. The age of the tree is 400-410 years, height 33 m, diameter 2.64 m. Protected status was granted in 1968. The oldest oak in Belarus. The tree suffers from cancer and vascular mycosis, has stem and root rot. In July 2015, under the pressure of the wind most of the oak collapsed.
settlement was called Otechizna. Mentioned in the documents of the
Grand Duchy of Lithuania from the second half of the 17th century,
as the courtyard of the noble family Fedyushko. Since the 18th
century, the estate belonged to the Seklutskys, and then passed to
the family of the Belsky princes, who owned it until 1939.
Around the beginning of the last quarter of the 18th century, the Belskies founded a noble estate here.
After the third partition of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (1795) as part of the Russian Empire, since 1801 the Fatherland belonged to the Kobrin district of the Grodno province.
In the middle of the 19th century, the name was owned by Evgenia Belskaya, at the end of the 19th century - by Ksaveriy Belsky. Ksavery rebuilt and expanded the estate, in 1910 the park was redesigned.
According to the Riga Peace Treaty (1921), the settlement became part of interwar Poland, where it belonged to the Kobrin district of the Polesie Voivodeship. The last owner of the Otechizna estate was Edward Belsky. Since 1939 - part of the BSSR.
During the Great Patriotic War, the village was under occupation from June 1941 to July 1944. 62 residents of the village died during the war. In 1966, an obelisk was erected on their grave.
After the war, the village was named Leninski in honor of V.I.Lenin. The Belsky estate was badly damaged in both world wars; the manor house has not survived.
The settlement is located 7 km south-east of Zhabinka and 17 km south-west of Kobrin near the border with the Kobrin region. The M1 motorway passes through the village. The area belongs to the Vistula basin, around the village there is a network of reclamation canals with a drain to the Trostyanitsa and Mukhavets rivers.
In 2009, according to the population census, 1705 people lived in the village (2009).