Pinsk is a city of regional subordination, located at the
confluence of the Pina and Pripyat rivers, the center of the Pinsk
district of the Brest region of Belarus. Pinsk is a large cultural
and industrial center of Polesie.
A large religious core of the country is the center of the Catholic and Orthodox dioceses. The unofficial capital of the Belarusian Polesye. Historically significant settlement in the region.
The birthday of Pinsk is considered November 5, 1097 - recorded in the annals as the city of Pinsk (Pinesk ibid.).
As part of the Turov principality. XI, XII, XIII centuries
1097: the first chronicle mention of Pinsk (Pinesk) in the "Tale of Bygone Years".
1174: the capital of the independent Pinsk principality.
1183: mention of the Pinsk princes - Yaroslav (1183) and Yaropolk (1190). Pinsk was then in the center of the Turov principality, had trade ties with Volyn, the Middle Dnieper and other regions.
1263: written mention of an Orthodox church - a monastery on the outskirts of Leshche.
As part of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. XIV, XV, XVI centuries
1320: Prince Gediminas annexes the Pinsk principality to the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.
The end of the XIV century: Pinesk on Pina is mentioned in the chronicle "List of Russian cities far and near".
1396: the generally accepted date for the founding of the Franciscan church in Pinsk.
1471: the city is ruled by Princess Maria - the widow of Semyon Olelkovich, who belonged to the Gedimin family. A large number of letters make it possible to refer to the first mentions of the villages of the Pinsk region.
1521: King of Poland and Grand Duke of Lithuania Sigismund I handed Pinsk to his wife Queen Bona. In Polesie, she is known for actively beginning to carry out agrarian reforms.
1527: in front of the walls of the Pinsk castle, a campaign of a detachment of Tatars, which destroyed the north-eastern part of Pinsk, was stopped. This was the last raid of the Tatars.
1566: the second most important city of the Brest Voivodeship.
As part of the Commonwealth. XVII, XVIII centuries
1569: after the unification of Lithuania with Poland into the Rzeczpospolita, Pinsk became the center of the Brest Voivodeship.
1581: On January 12, he received the Magdeburg Law and the coat of arms: "In the red field of the" Baroque "shield, a golden bow taut, the steel arrowhead is directed to the left."
1636-1675: construction of the Jesuit collegium.
1648: the city is captured by the troops of Bohdan Khmelnitsky, who staged Jewish pogroms there. The troops of Janusz Radziwill recaptured the city, at the same time from 3 to 5 thousand people were killed and a significant number of households burned down.
1655: during the Russian-Polish war of 1654-1667, the troops of FF Volkonsky on September 25 occupied Pinsk, plundered it and burned it.
1705: The Catholic Church of the Bernardines was founded at the expense of Prince Mikhail Vishnevetsky and his wife Catherine. It existed until 1832.
1710: Vasily Nikitich Tatishchev - the author of the five-volume History of Russia, scientist, diplomat, traveler - visited Pinsk, Parokhonsk, Pleshitsy, Morozovich, Lopatin, Kolbakh.
1717 in Pinsk, the great Lithuanian hetman Mikhail Servatsy Vishnevetsky built a Bernardine monastery.
1782: A stone church was built on the north-eastern outskirts of the Pinsk suburb of Karolin, now known as the church of Karl Baramey.
1784: King of Poland Stanislav August Poniatowski visited Pinsk, who was present at the ceremony of laying the first stone of the Butrimovich Palace.