Hajdúszoboszló The town of Hajdú-Bihar County, 22 km from Debrecen, is the center of the Hajdúszoboszló district of Hajdú-Bihar County, the most popular rural resort in Hungary, where the largest spa complex in Europe is located. It is the third most populated settlement in the county after the county seat. Its recognition is mainly due to its medicinal water and spa. Hajdúszoboszló is one of the certified health resorts in Hungary, where thermal water was found in 1925, which was classified as medicinal water due to its healing effects. The resort is the third most popular settlement in Hungary after Budapest and Hévíz in terms of guest nights spent in commercial accommodation. According to 2012 data, it is the 53rd most populated settlement in Hungary. Its inner and outer areas together are 238.7 km², making it the seventeenth largest settlement in the country.
Hajdúszoboszló is located in the eastern and northeastern part of the Great Plain on the Trans-Tisza. The East Main Canal is 2 km west of the city. The Kösely (in some versions: Kösély, Kösi) stream crosses the settlement, the water of the Boating Lake also flows into it.
Garden became a place for resorts and hotels in the 1940s. They have
also been building hostels, apartments and private homes since 1941.
An integral part of the city is the King Matthias Promenade, where
you can find vendors and huge hotels.
The Spa is located in the immediate vicinity of the Banquet Garden, where thermal water was found in 1925. This boosted the area’s population and tourism.
Csepűskert is the area under the cemetery, which is closed by Nádudvari út and Ady Endre út. Here you will find large garden houses as well as plenty of gardens with fruit trees, vegetables and animals. There are smaller streets along the Ady Endre road, outside the city.
The Channel Garden is a set of vineyards south of the train station. It probably got its name from the part of the city canal here and the fishponds. There are family houses along the vineyards, but the conditions are questionable, as there is no driveway or public lighting in the area.
In addition to the gardens, there are also settlements in the city that the 21st century brought with it.
Hétvezér-telep is a set of streets near the train station. It used to be called the Astronaut Colony because of its streets named after outer space and Gagarin.
A similar agglomeration is the Virág and Zene colonies: the Virág colony consists of streets representing flower names, and the Zene colony shows the names of Hungarian composers.
The Apartment Circle in Hajdúszoboszló is home to a lot of people. It can be divided into two parts, the Inner and Outer Dwelling Circle. The reason for this is that the houses of the Outer Tenancy Circle form a "wall" in front of the Inner Tenement Circle.
The first written mention of Szoboszló can be found in 1075 in the
donation letter of Géza I, in which he donated half of the royal
duty of Szoboszlóvásár to the newly founded abbey of
István Bocskai settled with hajdús in 1606, hence the prefix “hajdú”, which was originally of Slavic origin (although this name only spread in the 19th century).
The campaign of the Turkish pasha of Buda in 1660, the Szejdi Rush, almost completely destroyed the settlement.
The public safety of the settlement and its surroundings stood on weak legs in the middle of the 19th century. In connection with the abolition of the outlaw world, the Sunday Newspaper wrote in 1868 (No. 26), “Szoboszló is not a good place for villains” Why? Because the lives and fortunes of the Hajduks and their descendants are guarded by the eyes of 50-60 “persecutors” and five or six silent commissioners.
According to Fényes Elek in 1851: “Szoboszló, a town in Hajdu, in the Hajdu district, 3 hours west of Debreczen; on the Pest-Szolnok highway; 12,219 ref., 137 r., 150 g. kath., 8 evang., 65 Jewish inhabitants. Van ref. and r. kath. mother church, post office, rich black roman border, vineyard. Its boundary includes more steppes than p. She. Kis-Szoboszló, Angyalháza, Köteles. ”
The life of the city was changed on October 26, 1925, when only thermal water burst from a depth of 1,091 meters instead of oil or gas during an exploratory well. The locals regularly made pilgrimages to the spring, whose strange-smelling (sulfur and iodine) water was not only suitable for heating (73 ° C), but also a wonderful relief for people with all kinds of joint ailments and low back pain.
The medicinal water, the emerging spa and beach, and spa tourism have completely transformed the settlement, which started to develop rapidly.
In World War II, he fell into Soviet hands on October 9, 1944.