Every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month in Bad Gastein at 10.00 am
Every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month in Bad Hofgastein at 10.00 am
5640 Bad Gastein, AT
+43 6432 6674
The Christophoruskirche/ Christophorus Church is the Protestant
parish church in Bad Gastein in the state of Salzburg. The
neo-Gothic church was built from 1868 to 1871 by master builder
Jacob Ceconi and master builder Pecol from Schladming according to
the plans of Berlin's senior building officer Wilhelm Salzenberg.
The church was consecrated in 1872. Restorations took place in 1959
and 1981. The Protestant parsonage is structurally connected to the
The church is built from stone-faced ashlar masonry over a cross plan. It has triangular gable facades, stepped buttresses at the corners and pointed arched windows. In the east there is a grooved pointed arch portal with a triforic window above and a pointed arch sonic window with a bell. A bell tower with pointed-arch sound windows and pointed helmet is placed in the center. The central room with a cross plan has a neo-Gothic rib vault on services. The raised chancel with an ogival niche has a neo-Gothic image of Christ, labeled Binder 1870. In the east of the church there is the organ gallery with an organ in a neo-Gothic case. The neo-Gothic glass windows were made by the Royal Institute for Glass Painting in Berlin. The gallery parapet, the benches, the preacher's chair, the door and the vestibule were designed by sculptor Wendler from Berlin. The bell in the tower sounds e2 and was cast by Franz Oberascher in Salzburg in 1871 and weighs 150 kg.