Novosedly (German Neusiedel) is a village in the district of
Břeclav in the South Moravian Region. It lies on the right bank of
the Dyje near the border with Austria, between the towns of Mikulov
and Hrušovany nad Jevišovkou. Approximately 1,200 inhabitants live
Novosedly was founded as a colonization village probably before 1183, but no later than in the first quarter of the 13th century. The first reliable written mention is from 1276. Originally they belonged to the chapter in Stará Boleslav. In 1276, the village ceded to the Premonstratensian monastery in Dolní Kounice. Already during the first half of the 14th century, however, part of the village belonged to the Drnholec estate. That eventually won her over. Novosedly then fell under the Drnholec estate until the abolition of the patrimonial administration in 1848.
After the introduction of a new state administration organization in 1850, it was incorporated into the judicial and political district of Mikulov. A new school building was built in 1856 (another Czech minority school building was built next to it in 1920). In 1872, a railway was brought here (line Břeclav - Hrušovany nad Jevišovkou), from which a branch led to Lava nad Dyjí (abolished in 1930). The post office in the village was founded on January 22, 1892.
After the Munich Agreement, Novosedly was ceded to the German Empire and annexed to the Lower Danube County on October 8, 1938. The Soviet army occupied the village on May 8, 1945. Most of the village's inhabitants were subsequently displaced and replaced by settlers from Wallachia, Hodonín, Slovakia and re-emigrants from Bulgaria and Yugoslavia. Since 1960, the village falls under the district of Břeclav. On March 5, 2004, the municipality of Novosedly was awarded the emblem and flag by the Parliament of the Czech Republic.