Kaberneeme is a village in Jõelähtme parish, Harju County, Estonia. Located on the shores of the Gulf of Finland on the Kaberneeme Peninsula, 22 kilometers north-east of Tallinn. Height above sea level - 9 meters.
The written sources of 1537 mention Kapperyene, 1541 - Kappernimes, 1633 - Kabbernehm, about 1690 - Nemeotza, 1694 - Nehme. The German name for the village is Kabbernömme.
At first, the name of Kaberneeme was the fishing coast belonging to the village of Kaberla.
In 1375, Estonian and Swedish fishermen clashed in Kaberneeme. In 1485, Kaberneeme is referred to as a Swedish village.
On the military topographic maps of the Russian Empire (1846-1863), which included the Estland province, the village is designated as Caberneme.
At the end of the 19th century, the village of Kaberneeme became one of the most important fishing and fish processing centers near Tallinn: in 1892, fish smoking was first started here, and since 1893 a kiln production has been operating.
In 1944, after the end of the German occupation and the restoration of the Sovietization of Estonia, almost half of the 300 inhabitants of the Kaberneeme peninsula sailed abroad.
In Soviet times, there was a horticultural (dacha-building) cooperative "Kaberneeme" in the village, after which buildings worthy of interest have survived. A border cordon was located near the village.
At the bottom of the sea in the Gulf of Kaberneeme there are the wreckage of the ship Kihelkonna, which is an archaeological landmark and is included in the Estonian State Register of Cultural Monuments.