Armkhi, Russia



Armkhi (Ingush. Mokhtӏe) is a village in the Dzheyrakhsky region of Ingushetia. The developing tourism center and all-season resort of Armkhi. It is part of the Dzheyrakh rural settlement. Located on the left bank of the Armkhi River.

The nearest settlements with permanent population: in the north - the village of Beini, in the west - the regional center Dzheyrakh, in the east - the village of Lyazhgi.

Тhe resort of the same name is located near the village.



Resort Armkhi

Reservation department
+7 (800) 511-29-46

Sales department
+7 (800) 511-29-46

Press service

Public Relations


Armkhi resort is a beautiful resort in the North Caucasus, which is located in the mountainous Ingushetia, in a conservation area, where you can see all the beauty of the Caucasus Mountains, eat only the freshest and most organic products, taste dishes of the Caucasian, national Ingush, Russian, Uzbek cuisine. ARMCHI complex is located on the territory of the ARMCHI resort complex, built in 2012. The hotel complex itself was built in 1999 by a Turkish construction company on a project provided by the Turkish side.


History of Armkhi resort

The history of the Armkhi resort began at a time when the Ingush still wore a Circassian coat, the center of Ingushetia was Vladikavkaz, and Idris Zyazikov headed the Ingush Autonomous Region.

Both the Ingush people and the Soviet Union needed a resort: there was a lack of medical institutions in Ingushetia, and there were no year-round resorts at an altitude of more than 1000 meters throughout the USSR.

The Dzheirakh Gorge has long attracted attention with its beautiful location, pine forests on the slopes of the mountains, murmuring streams, springs, waterfalls and, of course, clean air. Thanks to the efforts of the head of the health department of Ingushetia, Abdul-Khamid Tangiev, the authorities drew the attention of the authorities to the Sunny Valley of Armkhi, which is ideal for a resort.

In 1925, at the direction of the People's Commissar of Health of the RSFSR Nikolai Semashko, an expedition arrived in the village of Armkhi, which was called Mokhkate, and Achaluki. The commission included: professors of medicine, physics, climatologists, the head of the North Caucasian Resort Administration and doctors. The regional expedition spent several days on the spot, checked and inspected the surroundings, and after a comprehensive examination, confirmed the value of the Dzheyrakh Gorge for organizing a high-altitude climatic station, where it would be possible to treat pulmonary, bone and childhood tuberculosis.

The conclusion of the regional expedition marked the beginning of the development of resorts in Armkhi and Achaluki.

Abdul-Khamid Tangiev, 22, worked hard to get money to build a resort in Armkhi. To do this, he had to overcome the doubts of both Ingush officials and members of the country's government.

In 1926, a train arrived in Ingushetia with members of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee of the USSR. Mikoyan, Rykov, Chicherin and other members of the government were received at the Didigovs' house. After receiving the guests, Abdul-Khamid Tangiev showed People's Commissar for Foreign Affairs Georgy Chicherin to Table Mountain and said that mountainous Ingushetia begins behind it, where it is planned to build "Russian Switzerland". Chicherin assured Tangiev that the Council of People's Commissars would support the idea and invited him to Moscow.

The Council of People's Commissars really supported the idea of creating a Russian Switzerland. Tangiev had a meeting with the People's Commissar of Health of the RSFSR Nikolai Semashko, where he was handed a banknote sheet for 100,000 rubles. Ingushetia has also been given detachments of medical workers, medical equipment and medicines, and the salaries of doctors working in mountain villages have been increased.

In Armkhi, the construction of a resort began: the work was supervised by the contractor Amirkhan Lyanov, who won the auction. The project was made by engineer Ibragim Bazorkin. There was a lot of work: to build a 7 km long mountain road, breaking it through the rocks; construct a one-story building of the sanatorium and all household services; lay plumbing; improve the pine forest in the construction zone. The sanatorium was built from local pine, but some materials and products were brought from Vladikavkaz on pack horses and donkeys.

The road and bridges were built day and night, the rocky ground exploded, there was a continuous rumble.

By the end of 1926, the road was already completed. And in early 1927, the sanatorium was ready. It consisted of four buildings, next to which was the building-cottage of M. Kalinin, resembling a tower. It was in this building that Idris Bazorkin wrote his famous novel From the Darkness of Ages.

A reinforced concrete arch bridge was built across the Terek River, and two wooden bridges across the Armkhi River.

On June 15, 1928, the Armkhi resort was officially opened. It became the first Ingush mountain climatic station. For the Ingush, this day was a national holiday, people on horseback and carts from all over Ingushetia came to the event. The opening was attended by guests from Georgia, Azerbaijan, Chechnya, Dagestan and Ossetia.

Speaking at the grand opening, a well-known doctor and poet from Ossetia, U. Shanaev, read out his poems, which he dedicated to the resort. Here is its beginning:

Did you dream, dashing Ingush,
Someday see here
Between marvelous pines, apple trees, pears,
What grows wild here
Home for suffering people...
During the first season, there were 30 patients and 123 vacationers at Armkhi.

By 1928, Abdul-Khamid Tangiev achieved the construction of a resort in Armkhi, a hospital and a mineral water plant in Achaluki. After that, he went to study at the Leningrad Institute of Civil Engineers, and the Armkhi resort was headed by I. Malsagov.

After the deportation of the Ingush in 1944, the Armkhi resort was transferred to the Georgian ASSR, and the doctor Georgy Bachiashvili became the head. The resort was renamed "Daryal". It became a recreation area and continued to operate, hosting over 600 people per season.

In 1957, the Ingush began to return from deportation. According to witnesses, the director of the resort Bachiashvili and the Georgians, who at that time lived in the village of Armkhi, helped the Ingush who returned to their native village with housing and livestock.

In 1958, the resort was transferred to the Ministry of Health of the CHIASSR. The former name "Armkhi" was returned to him.

Life in exile had a detrimental effect on the health of the Ingush and Chechens. There were a lot of people suffering from respiratory diseases. In this regard, the resort "Armkhi" began to work as a republican anti-tuberculosis sanatorium. The director was radiologist S. Dobriev.

After "Armkhi" was under the jurisdiction of the CHIASSR, they stopped allocating money for the development of the resort, and it fell into decay.

In 1980, the resort was transferred to the Urengoygaz enterprise, after which it began to be destroyed.

The revival of "Armkhi" began after almost 20 years. On the site of the destroyed resort in 1998, the government of Ingushetia decided to create a health-improving complex with the name "Jeirakh". The seven-story building of the hotel complex, which was built by the Turkish company Summa, organically fit into the mountainside covered with pine forest. The new building has the attributes of a modern hotel: a conference room, a fitness room, a spa and a swimming pool. In 1999, the recreation center "Jeyrakh" received the first vacationers.

In 2008, the old name "Armkhi" was returned to the resort "Jeyrah".

In 2011, Ingushetia was included in the federal project for the development of resorts in the North Caucasus. From that moment a new history of "Armkhi" began. In 2012, as part of the project to create a tourism cluster, a ski resort was built in Armkhi. A 1200-meter ski slope, a 600-meter cable car and an open-air swimming pool appeared next to the health-improving complex.

Today "Armkhi" is an all-season resort that welcomes vacationers, athletes and those who wish to improve their health.



It is located on the left bank of the Armkhi River.

The nearest settlements with a permanent population are: in the north - the village of Beini, in the west - the regional center of Dzheyrakh, in the east - the village of Lyazhgi.