Laudegg Castle was constructed in the early
Middle Ages as a residential tower, but it was first mentioned in
1239. Ministerial family of Laudeck that belong to a court of Duke
Otto von Andechs in Innsbruck called this citadel home. Additionally
Laudegg Castle served as an official resince of the seat of the
Supreme Court until the 17th century when it was moved to Ried im
In 1406 Laudegg Castle was besieged, stormed
and badly damaged by the peasant armies during a local revolt.
However it was later rebuilt to its original size. Over time however
Laudegg Castle lost much of its military use. Instead it was turned
into a private residence by the local nobility families that
exchanged the citadel several times over a course of several
centuries. After the 17th century it served largely as a warehouse.
Laudegg Castle underwent renovation project in the second half of
the 20th century.