Jajce Castle

Jajce Castle is a medieval citadel in a town of Jajce, Central Bosnia Canton in Bosnia and Herzegovina.



Location: Jajce, Central Bosnia Canton Map

Constructed: 14th century by Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić


Description of Jajce Castle

Jajce Castle along with a village of Jajce that lies beneath the castle were found by Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić in 14th century. His coat of arms still hang at the entrance to the citadel. Jajce Fortress has important significance  since this was the last Bosnian site of resistance to the invasion of the Ottoman Turks. It lost its independence only in 1528.