Šibenik's small Renaissance loggia was built in the 16th century,
probably on the site of an older building. It is located on the east
side of the old main town square (today the Square of the Republic
of Croatia), between the Šibenik City Hall and the Cathedral of St.
The small loggia served as a place where public auctions were held and from where court summonses were made. Today, only a beautiful stone portal and three pillars with three arcades have survived from this building, of which the middle pillar served as a pillar of shame (the so-called Berlin). Criminals against the law were tied to him, which can be deduced from the remains of iron where the shackles used to be. On the ground floor of a small loggia in 1746. the first Šibenik café was opened, where mostly the upper strata of society had fun.