10 largest cities in France
Dinard is a famous seaside resort, particularly among the British
and Americans, for its Belle Époque villas and the British Film
Festival which has been held there every year since the 1990s. It is
considered with its listed villas, its casino and its restaurants.
cultural events as one of the most prestigious seaside resorts in
The official name of the town was successively: Saint-Énogat, until 1879; Dinard-Saint-Énogat, from 1879 to 1921; Dinard, since 1921.
The town is populated by 10,027 inhabitants, which makes Dinard the eleventh most populous town in Ille-et-Vilaine.
The town is home to six historical monuments and 146 inventoried buildings:
The fourteenth-century knights of the knights Ollivier and Geoffroy de Montfort: they are located in the chapel of the former priory which is located near the Priory beach. They were registered by decree of December 4, 1942.
The so-called Black Prince house, also built in the fourteenth century, listed by decree of December 15, 1926.
The manor of the Baronnais, of Breton Renaissance style with its French gardens, was built in 1647. It is registered by decree of June 28, 1972.
The fort on Harbor Island, a former redoubt fortified by Siméon Garangeau in 1689, classified by decree of June 4, 1952.
The villa Les Roches Brunes, built in 1893, registered by decree of June 23, 2014.
Villa Greystones, built in 1938 by Michel Roux-Spitz, listed by decree of July 4, 2014.
The tennis club, one of the first to be built in France (in 1879), registered by decree of April 18, 1994. This registration was canceled by a judgment of the administrative court of Rennes, January 26, 1995
Certain sectors of Dinard are covered by a ZPPAUP instituted by a prefectural decree of July 13, 2000. In this context, 407 villas and hotels dating from the Belle Époque and the Art Deco period, the casino and the old center of Saint- Enogat.
The Dinard marine biology station includes the Cresco (Center for Research and Education on Coastal Systems), research establishments belonging to the National Museum of Natural History. At the former address of this marine biology station was the “Dinard Sea Aquarium and Museum”, closed in 1996 and transformed since 2015 into a luxury hotel. It included presentations of the expeditions of marine and polar explorer Jean-Baptiste Charcot, sets by Lyona Faber and Robert Hamilton and a sculpture by Gaston Guitton, Eve Tempted by the Snake, installed outside. The marine biology station of Dinard and the Cresco, meanwhile moved to the rue du Port-Blanc, are still in operation and continue their research in marine biology on behalf of the National Museum of Natural History.
The murals of CREPS Bretagne-Dinard, Dinard's sports resource, expertise and performance center, produced in 1966 by the painter Geoffroy Dauvergne (1922-1977) as part of the 1% artistic program. Only one remains in the entrance hall: L'Amour à la Mandoline. One is kept at the COSEC in Dinard: Les Sirènes, another at the Espace Delta in Pleurtuit: Le Messager Secret, and a third, Le Port, oil on mounted canvas, will be kept at the Saint-Malo maritime museum.
Fresco by the painter Henri Marret, made in 1926, at the Le Bras tea room (now missing).
Fresco painted by Geoffroy Dauvergne in a villa at Pointe de la Malouine and representing the arrival of Caravelles in Saint-Malo80.
Fresco painted between 1946 and 1950 at the Villa Greystones, by the architect Michel Roux-Spitz (1888-1957), by the painter Louis Bouquet (1885-1952): Le Voyage de l'Homme en blanc.
Dinard is the first seaside resort in France to safeguard its architectural heritage from the end of the 19th century by classifying 407 villas and buildings.
The City of Dinard, Place Yves-Verney, has a monument to Yves Verney, mayor of Dinard (1953-1952), made by the sculptor Georges Delahaie, also author of a high relief in copper at the city's hotel school.
Villa Eugénie was built in 1868, according to the plans of the architect Jean Pichot. It was bequeathed in 1873 to the town of Dinard which first made it its town hall and then twenty years later its police station. After the Second World War, it became a primary school, between 1967 and 1985, a library and finally from 1985 until it closed in 2004. Today in ruins, the villa is nothing more than an empty shell. , its interiors are too damaged to allow an activity to be set up.
Saint-Malo-Dinard-Pleurtuit Airport (IATA: DNR, OACI: LFRD) at Pleurtuit and Saint-Lunaire (5 km south-southwest of Dinard and 8 km southwest of Saint-Malo), +33 2 99 46 18 46 - Flight to and from London.