Maryina Roshcha is a district of Moscow north of the Garden Ring in the North-Eastern Administrative District, as well as an intracity municipality of the same name.
1 Church of Philip the Metropolitan in the Meshchanskaya Sloboda, st. Gilyarovsky, 35.
2 Znamenskaya Church in Pereyaslavskaya Sloboda, 2nd Krestovsky per. 17.
3 Solodovnikov's house.
4 Temple of the Trinity Sloboda, 2nd Troitsky per. 8.
5 Church of the Descent of the Holy Spirit at the former Lazarevsky cemetery, st. Soviet army, 12.
6 Tryphon Church in Naprudny, st. Trifonovskaya, 38.
7 Church of the Tikhvin Icon of the Mother of God in Sushchevo, st. Tikhvinskaya, 13.
8 Church of St. Pimen the Great in Novye Vorotniki , Novovorotnikovsky per. 3.
9 Sorrowing Monastery, Novoslobodskaya st. 58/9.
10 Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker near Tverskaya Zastava, st. Butyrsky shaft, 8/3.
11 Church of the Life-Giving Trinity at the former Cherkasy almshouse, 16 Leningradsky Prospekt. Built in 1857-1858.
Dynamo Petrovsky Park
12 Petrovsky Travel Palace. It was erected in 1776-1780 according to the project of the architect Matvey Kazakov and is an example of Russian neo-Gothic architecture. It served as a residence for noble persons after a long journey from St. Petersburg to Moscow, hence its name - "travel". Currently, the first floor of the palace can be visited on a guided tour, for which you need to sign up for it a few weeks in advance, and besides, a fairly large group should form.
13 Petrovsky park. During the restoration of Moscow after the war of 1812, the territory near the Petrovsky Palace was turned into a landscape park. Later, most of the park was set aside for the construction of the Dynamo stadium, built here in 1928. Jun 2018 edit
14 Church of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin in Petrovsky Park, st. Krasnoarmeyskaya, 2. Built in 1844-1847.
15 Black Swan Villa, Naryshkinskaya Alley, 5, building 1. Built in 1909 according to the project of architects V.D. Adamovich and V.M. Lighthouse for the famous Moscow merchant and philanthropist Nikolai Pavlovich Ryabushinsky.
1 Central Museum of the Armed Forces, st. Soviet Army, 2.
2 House-Museum of V.M. Vasnetsova, per. Vasnetsova, 13.
3 House-Museum of M.S. Shchepkina, st. Shchepkina, 47, building 2. ☎ +7 (495) 688-5853.
4 Central Academic Theater of the Russian Army (Red Army Theatre).
5 Moscow Music and Drama Theater "Romen", Leningradsky Prospekt, 30.
6 Figaro Puppet Theatre, 30 Leningradsky Prospekt, building 2. ☎ +7 (903) 152-05-97. Performances are held on weekends at 12:00 and 14:00. Children's theatre.
7 Botanical garden "Aptekarsky garden", Prospekt Mira, house 26, building 1. Mon–Sun 10:00–20:00. 200 rub. Squeezed by modern high-rise buildings, the garden occupies one block in the very center of the city - between Mira Avenue and Botanichesky Lane. The entrance to it is not obvious: you can get into this paradise only from Mira Avenue, passing through a modern glass building. The garden was founded in 1706 on the outskirts of the city by the decree of Peter I, who then planted the Siberian larch that still exists today. By the way, it is somewhat younger than the oldest tree in the center of Moscow, located right there in the white willow garden. At first, only medicinal plants were grown here, but by the 19th century, having collected a collection of hundreds of plants, the Pharmaceutical Garden turned into a full-fledged botanical garden. In 1805, Moscow University bought this site and moved its own botanical garden from Mokhovaya here. An arboretum, ferns, aquatic plants, coniferous hills - this is an incomplete list of the local collections in the open air. Plus, greenhouses - with palm trees, succulents, agaves and cacti. Three major festivals are held annually in the garden - Colors of Autumn (September-October), the Orchid Festival (December-March), and the Flower Festival (April-May).
8 Dynamo Stadium (VTB Arena - Dynamo Central Stadium). Built in 1928. It is now closed for renovation until the end of 2018.
1 Holiday Inn (Lesnaya), Lesnaya st. 15 (5 Belarusian).
2 Marriott Tverskaya, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya st. 34 (2.5 Belarusian).
3 Sovetskaya, Leningradsky prospect, 32/2 ( 2 Dynamo). ✉ ☎ +7 (495) 960-2000. From 7900 rub.
There are several versions of the origin of the name:
According to one, the area adjacent to the settlement of Maryino at the beginning of the 15th century was named after the noblewoman Marya, a woman of extraordinary beauty, the wife of the son of the boyar Fyodor Koshka Fyodor Goltyay, who owned these lands.
According to another version, the name is given by the name of the chieftain Marya, who commanded the robbers, since until the 18th century, Maryina Grove was part of a large forest area where robbers lived.
Maryina Roshcha is a district in the North-Eastern Administrative
District of Moscow. The border of the district runs along Mira Avenue
from the border with Ostankinsky and Alekseevsky districts to
Sushchevsky Val Street, along which the border of the district reaches
Soviet Army Street, then turning to the theater of the Russian Army (not
inclusive). From Krestovsky Bridge to the theater of the Russian Army,
Maryina Grove borders on the Meshchansky District of the Central
Administrative District of Moscow. After the theater, the district is
adjacent to the Tverskoy district of the Central Administrative
District. Further, the border changes direction, passing along
Dostoevsky Street. Then the border passes along Tikhvinskaya Street and
again goes along Suschevsky Val, reaching the middle of the Savelovskaya
flyover, where the borders of five districts and three districts
converge at one point: Maryina Roshcha (SVAO), Tverskoy (CAO), Begovoy
(SAO), Savelovsky ( SAO) and Butyrsky (SVAO). After that, the border
line passes through the Savelovskaya platform, stretching along the
railway track to Skladochnaya Street, passing along it, and then along
the Kopytovka River to another railway track. Here, Maryina Grove
borders on the Butyrsky District of the North-Eastern Administrative
District. Along this path, the border runs parallel to Murmansky passage
(after the Sheremetyevskaya overpass) to Prospekt Mira. On this site,
the neighbor of Maryina Roshcha is the Ostankino district of the
North-Eastern administrative district. Then Maryina Roshcha borders on
the Alekseevsky district of the North-East Administrative Okrug, and
then again on the Meshchansky district of the Central Administrative
Maryina Grove is the southernmost of all the districts of the North-East Administrative Okrug.
Since ancient times, the Vyatichi Slavs lived on the territory of
this area. Maryinsky forests changed their owners many times. During the
reign of Empress Anna Ioannovna, they were owned by Prince Cherkassky,
then Count Sheremetiev.
Among the forests was the village of Maryino. The first mention of the village of Maryino dates back to the end of the 16th century. In the 17th century, a settlement already existed here. In 1742, not far from the village of Maryino, the Kamer-Kollezhsky shaft was carried out, at that time it was the border of Moscow. The forest around the rampart was cut down, and the remaining untouched groves became a favorite place for folk festivals for many years. The Moscow "Almanac" in 1829 wrote: "The density of the grove, completely dressed in greenery, offers a pleasant walk, here are several miles in a circle with all the charms of untinted nature."
In 1750, by decree of Elizabeth Petrovna, the first cemetery in Moscow appeared here. In the 19th century, quite a lot of household people of the Sheremetevs lived here. In the village of Maryino lived the Mochalin family of iconostapists, the Mandrygin family, one of whom, Ivan Sergeevich, gilded the furniture of the Ostankino Palace.
In the first half of the 19th century, Maryina Roshcha briefly became a fashionable summer cottage - local residents began to rent their houses for the summer to the townspeople.
By the time Tsar Alexander II arrived in Ostankino in 1856, the peasants of Maryino laid a highway from the Troitskaya road to Ostankino, which was called Tsarskoye.
In the second half of the 19th century, the Eldorado Garden was located in Maryina Roshcha, which was closed in the early 1860s.
After the Peasant Reform of 1861, land in Maryina Roshcha began to be leased out. This had a bad effect on the fate of Maryina Grove. The “land society”, which received the Maryinoroshchinsk lands from the Sheremetevs on a long-term lease, cut down the trees, and began to lease the land to small owners.
Maryina Grove was built up with one- and two-story houses for the poor. Traditional folk festivals have stopped. After the construction of the Moscow-Petersburg railway, Maryina Grove was cut off from Ostankino. Early in the morning and at sunset, a large Moscow herd passed along the old road (now Sheremetyevskaya Street), destroying the last islands of greenery. The Vindavskaya line, the construction of which began in the 1890s, finally cut the Maryinoroshchinskaya lands, and Maryina Roshcha turned into a city dead end.
The situation changed after the construction of a bridge across the railway, connecting both parts of Maryina Grove. This gave impetus to the beginning of the industrial development of the area. Krotov and Meteltsov built a hosiery factory on Suschevsky Val. Not far from her, Gusarov set up the Patronka shot-casting plant, Meshchersky - a lithograph. German Gustav List - a plant for the production of pumps on the bend of the Vindava road (now the Borets plant). The appearance of Maryina Grove gradually changed. Streets were paved, water supply and sewerage were laid. Officially, Maryina Grove entered the city limits at the end of the 19th century.
In 1897, the building of the Imperial Moscow Engineering School of the Department of Railways was built on the site of the former Eldorado Garden.
During the reign of Emperor Nicholas II in 1903, the temple of Unexpected Joy was created on Sheremetyevskaya Street. At the same time, the building of the Empire cinematograph appeared in Maryina Roshcha.
In the 1910s, fish warehouses appeared on the 4th street of Maryina Grove. Maryina Grove was very popular with criminals, so there was a saying "In Maryina Grove, people are simpler."
During the First World War, most of the men from the village of Maryino were drafted into the army.
During the NEP, the people of Maryinsk plowed 50 acres of land for
vegetable gardens and took up floriculture, which in those years brought
a good income.
In the 1930s and 1940s, the area of Maryina Roshcha developed as an industrial appendage of Moscow. It was part of the Dzerzhinsky district of Moscow. There were the Borets plant, the hard alloy plant (M.K.T.S.), the Stankolit plant and others. From the first days of the Great Patriotic War, these enterprises switched to the production of military products, ammunition, weapons. An artillery regiment was formed in the building of the current school No.
In the late 1950s, five-story residential buildings began to be built. Also in the area there are "Khrushchev", Brezhnev high-rise buildings, houses of the modern era.
In 1991, temporary municipal districts Sheremetyevsky and Maryina Roshcha were created, which were part of the North-Eastern Administrative District of Moscow. After the adoption on July 5, 1995 of the law "On the territorial division of the city of Moscow", this territory was included in the new district of Moscow, called "Maryina Roshcha"
Currently, new buildings of two kindergartens and a
new building of the International Academy of Business and Management
(MABiU) on the 5th passage of Maryina Roshcha have been built.
Sheremetyevsky overpass. One-way are the 2nd street of Maryina Roshcha
(driving north until the intersection with the 3rd passage of Maryina
Roshcha), the section of the 5th passage of Maryina Roshcha (from the
2nd street of Maryina Roshcha to the 1st Streletsky passage, movement to
the west. On Many business centers are currently being built on
There are several schools. Secondary school No. 237 (physical and mathematical bias, form - crimson jacket), No. 242, No. 259, No. 1414, Gymnasium No. 1572 (Slope in English, form - black jacket, black trousers, white shirt), No. 1956 (aesthetic bias , form - green jacket). All these schools form the complex GBOU School of Maryina Roshcha im. V. F. Orlova.
In Maryina Grove there was a synagogue built in 1926. The synagogue burned down in 1993, now the Moscow Jewish Community Center stands in its place. The educational complex "Beit Shvidler" operates at the center, within the framework of which the Jewish school "Mesivta" operates.
Moscow Youth Center "Planet KVN" (formerly the cinema "Havana"). Theater "Satyricon" (previously in this building there was a cinema "Tajikistan", built on the site where the once famous folk festivals took place).
In November 2005, a tunnel was opened on Suschevsky Val Street.
On June 19, 2010, the Maryina Roshcha metro station was opened.
Square on the 9th passage of Maryina Roshcha
The square with an area of about a hectare is located between the 8th and 9th lanes of Maryina Roshcha. It was improved in 2015-2016. The infrastructure of the square is made up of playgrounds (one for younger children, the second for older children), workout areas with exercise equipment and horizontal bars, as well as quiet recreation areas.
Square of family, love and fidelity
The park was built on a wasteland near house 26 on Sheremetyevskaya Street in 2018. It was dedicated to the theme of family, love and fidelity, and across the street from it is the Temple of the Icon of the Mother of God "Unexpected Joy". Topiary figures were installed in the square, depicting a family of three bears and a pair of storks in a nest - this bird is a symbol of the family. In addition, benches with topiary borders were installed and flower beds were planted - tulips were planted here and a vertical flower bed in the shape of a heart was installed.
The former name of the square is Alexandrovskaya, it got its name from the Alexander Institute for Noble Maidens, founded here in 1891. In 1918, it was renamed in memory of the October armed uprising in Moscow, several battles of which took place in this area. The square is a small square with flower beds and two monuments dedicated to the heroes of the poem "Moscow-Petushki" by Venedikt Erofeev - Venichka and his girlfriend. The monuments were moved here in 2000, on the tenth anniversary of the death of the writer - the monument to Venichka was moved to the square from the Kursk railway station, and his girlfriend - from the city of Petushki.
Square on Polkova Street
The park with an area of about a hectare is located between Polkovaya Street and Proektiruemyy proezd No. 1191. In 2021, the infrastructure in the park was updated. There are three recreational areas here - for adults there is a walking space with benches for relaxing and ping-pong tables, for events there is an indoor stage with a two-story amphitheater and space for relaxation, and for children there are playgrounds for different ages.
On May 19, 1828, A. S. Pushkin visited the festivities
in Maryina Grove before leaving for St. Petersburg.
N.V. Gogol and Governor-General Prince Dolgorukov also came here for folk festivals.
The writer F. M. Dostoevsky lived in the southern part of the district. A street and a metro station are named after him.
At the beginning of the 20th century, S.P. Korolev, General Designer of spaceships, lived on Oktyabrskaya Street for a time.
The clown L. G. Yengibarov and the illusionist I. E. Kio lived here.
A. A. Vainer spent his childhood.
In 1982, A. I. Raikin and K. A. Raikin moved the Leningrad Theater of Miniatures to Moscow on Sheremetyevskaya Street. In 1987 it was renamed into the Moscow Satyricon Theatre.
Akhmatova called Khardzhiev's eight-meter room in Maryina Roshcha (Aleksandrovsky per., 43, apt. 4) the "refuge of poets." Whoever found shelter in the 30-40s of the XX century in this "wooden box"! This room was visited by Pasternak, Kruchenykh, Narbut, Zenkevich, Kharms, Vvedensky, Oleinikov, Malevich, Tatlin, Churilin, Suetin, Punin, Mandelstam and many many others. Here, in early June 1941, Anna Akhmatova and Marina Tsvetaeva met, after which Akhmatova said: “But still, I’m a heifer in front of her.”
From 1964 to 2014 Russian human rights activist Valeria Novodvorskaya lived here.