Hotels, motels and where to sleep
Restaurant, taverns and where to eat
Cultural (and not so cultural) events
Interesting information and useful tips
Konstantinovo is a village in the Rybnovsky
district of the Ryazan region. Located on the picturesque high right
bank of the Oka 43 kilometers north-west of Ryazan. Konstantinovo is
famous for the fact that Russian poet Sergei Alexandrovich Yesenin
was born here on October 3, 1895 (in a new style). In Konstantinov
passed the childhood and youth of the poet. In the central part of
the village there is the State Museum-Reserve of S. A. Yesenin.
History of Konstantinovo
The history of the village Konstantinovo has about 400 years. The
first mention of it dates back to 1619, the village was then the
property of the royal family. A few decades later it was granted
Myshetsky and Volkonsky.
Most of the village belonged Jacob
Myshetsky, who gave him a dowry to his daughter Natalia, when she
married Kirill Alekseevich Naryshkin.
In 1728, the owner of
Konstantinovo was the son of Kirill Alekseevich Semyon Kirillovich
Naryshkin. He received a brilliant European education, consisted in
the diplomatic service. Not having direct descendants in 1775,
bequeathed Konstantinovo to his nephew Alexander Mikhailovich
In 1779 a stone church of the Kazan Icon of the
Mother of God was erected with the funds of Golitsyn. In 1808, the
estate passed on to an extra-marital daughter, Catherine
Alexandrovna, in marriage to Dolgorukova.
According to her
testament, in 1843 her nephews Alexander Dmitrievich and Vladimir
Dmitrievich Olsufievs became the owners of the village. After 2
years, they divided the aunt's inheritance, and the eldest of the
brothers, Alexander Dmitrievich, began to single-handedly manage the
estate. His son, Vladimir Alexandrovich Olsufiev (1829–1867),
inherited in 1853.
A significant event in the lives of the
peasants of the village of Konstantinovo was the manifesto of 1861,
when they received personal freedom. At this time, 680 revision
souls of the village of Konstantinovo received into their ownership
1,400 acres 740 fathoms of land; they paid 72,945 rubles for their
The village was in the possession of the Olsufyevs
until 1879, when it passed into the possession of the Kupriyanov
merchants from Bogoroditsk - Sergey, Alexander and Nikolai
The eldest of the brothers, Sergey (1843 (?) -
1923), built a local school, did much to educate peasant children.
In 1897, the Moscow millionaire, owner of apartment houses on
the Khitrov market, “hereditary honorary citizen of Moscow” Ivan
Petrovich Kulakov, became the owner of the house and the estate.
Kulakov built a new school building, decorated the temple with a
wooden oak iconostasis. According to the order of the Bishop of
Ryazan and Zaraisky Nicodemus (Bokov), he was buried in the church
fence. After the death of his father in 1911, Lidia Ivanovna became
the mistress, in marriage Kashin. She continued her parent's charity
Since 1917, a new historical period began in the life
of the village of Konstantinovo.