Nakhodka, Russia

Nakhodka is a city in the Primorsky Territory of Russia. Administratively included in the Nakhodka urban district. Population - 145,159 people. (2020) It is the third largest city in Primorye. Since 1993, there has been a steady decline in the population.

Located on the Trudny peninsula near the shores of the Nakhodka Bay of the Sea of ​​Japan, 186 km southeast of Vladivostok (by road), the southernmost city in eastern Russia. The city is cut off from the sea by the port area. The historical buildings of the old streets are made up of two-story "stalinka"

The economy is narrowly specialized in the port and transport complex. Cargo handling in the seaport of Nakhodka, ship repair, fishing and fish processing. The Nakhodka railway junction is connected with the Transsib by a branch. 20 km from Nakhodka - Vostochny deep-water port; the end point of the ESPO pipeline.

Founded as a hydrographic post in 1864. The construction of the port city was associated with the plan of the Soviet leadership to move the seaport from Vladivostok to the Nakhodka Bay. Through the efforts of the Gulag prisoners, the port was opened in 1947, and in 1950 the settlement was given the status of a city.


City name

The name of the city of Nakhodka (from 1940 to 1950 - the village of the same name) comes from the name of the nearby Nakhodka Bay, discovered by Russian sailors in the summer of 1859. According to legend, seeing a previously unknown bay, one of the sailors of the corvette "America" ​​exclaimed: "This is a find!" From the entry in the navigator's log of the corvette "America", June 18, 1859: "The open bay is not marked on the map, and therefore it is named Nakhodka harbor."

After Stalin's death on March 12, 1953, a telegram was sent from Vladivostok to Moscow with a request on behalf of the "Far Eastern sailors" to rename the city of Nakhodka to the city of Stalinomorsk (and the Gulf of America - to the Gulf of Stalinomorsk).

According to the rules of the Russian language, the name of the city is feminine if the toponym is of Russian origin and ends in "a". That's right: in the city of Nakhodka (in the city of Moscow). A widespread variant in the city of Nakhodka does not correspond to the literary norm. It is recommended to use the word "city/ gorod" (as well as the abbreviation "g.") Together with the name of the city in a limited way (in official texts). Thus, the commonly used option is: in Nakhodka (in Moscow). A. Koptyaeva called Nakhodka a “port branch” of Vladivostok. In the regional mass media the city is often called “the port city of Nakhodka”, “the port city of Nakhodka”.



Museum and Exhibition Center "Nakhodka"
Museum and Exhibition Center "Nakhodka" was founded in 1977 as a branch of the Primorsky Regional Museum of Local Lore and was called "Museum of the History of the City of Nakhodka". In 1991 the museum became independent.

The museum funds contain 32 thousand objects, including a numismatic collection, photographs, rare books, archaeological and historical artifacts, paintings and arts and crafts.

Since 1998, the museum, together with the Institute of History, Archeology and Ethnography of the Peoples of the Far East of the Far Eastern Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, has been conducting archaeological studies of the Yekaterinovsky settlement (XIII century).

The museum has exhibition and historical halls, an art salon, and a museum laboratory.

The Museum and Exhibition Center "Nakhodka" has branches: the educational and archaeological complex "Paleo Village" and the Children's Museum "Two Captains". Complex "Paleodevnya" is located 300 meters from the ancient Yekaterinovsky settlement (defensive wall of the fortress) of the Jurchen era of the XIII century near the village of Fighter Kuznetsov, Partizansky district. In a forest glade, based on archaeological and ethnographic materials, the houses of primitive people of different eras, from the Paleolithic to the Middle Ages, were recreated.


What to do

Walk along Leninskaya street, visit the city museum.
Go to the sea, there are many beaches. Some can be reached by bus (Ritsa, Volna, Zolotari).
Take a walk along the observation decks of Nakhodkinsky Prospekt.
Visit the sightseeing platforms of the city, located on Nakhodkinsky Prospekt and on the road to Cape Astafiev.
Go to the cinema Rus (on the third section, near the hotel complex Count ruins) or Burevestnik (on the central square).
Visit the city center, an American-style complex with branded stores (Austin, Yours, Adidas, Zolla, etc.), cafes (Hesburger, Cinnabon), a promenade and a playground. In summer, fountains work there, in winter there is a Christmas tree, and the rest of the time it is also interestingly decorated. Recently built, it has become a favorite vacation spot for the townspeople.



On the territory of the modern city, traces of settlements of the Iron Age related to the Yankovsky archaeological culture were found. Dense heaps of shells form a long rampart, stretching along the seashore for hundreds of meters. On the shores of Lake Lebedinogo, the bays of Nakhodka, Tungus, Transparent and others, as well as under the Brat hill and in the cave of the Nephewny hill, remains of settlements of people of the Stone and Iron Ages were found, which have now been partially or completely destroyed.


19th century

On August 21, 1855, the Nakhodka Bay was visited by the British Navy ship "Barracuda", which explored the Peter the Great Bay on its way from the Tatar Strait to Japan. The previously unknown bay was called the Gornet Bay by the British. Upon his return from the voyage, Barracuda officer John Thronson published a book in 1859 in which he described the open area as follows: “In the early morning of August 21, we reached Gornet Bay, which was too exposed to the winds to anchor there. Very fertile lands lie in the bays closed from the wind and along the coast. In the depths of the bay, few Tatar houses are visible ... ".

On June 17, 1859, the corvette steamer America, with the Governor-General of Eastern Siberia NN Muravyov-Amursky on board, was sailing to the Russian shores. The land appeared. Having rounded the rocky promontory, the ship entered the waters of an unknown bay. There was a thick fog, making it difficult to see, drizzling rain. The ship slowly sailed deep into the bay, keeping at a distance of two miles from the coast, not far from the Sestra hill, anchored.

In the spring of 1864, a military hydrographic post was founded on Cape Astafyev, consisting of non-commissioned officer Mikhail Naumovich Gerasimov and 4 soldiers, at the end of the 1860s it was increased to 30 people. Hydrographers made daily observations of the weather, noting in logs. In August 1864, 9 families and 7 bachelors arrived in Nakhodka from Nikolaevsk-on-Amur, who were released after serving hard labor on Sakhalin, of which 17 people founded the Aleksandrovka settlement up the Suchan River, and 4 families settled near the military post. In the spring of 1865, 26 peasants arrived in Nakhodka from the Amur. They lived in Nakhodka until August, after which they left for Suchan, where they founded the Vladimirovka settlement. During his stay in Nakhodka on May 3, 1865, one of the settlers had a son, Ivan Efimovich Kraev, who is considered the first indigenous Nakhodka.

On November 13, 1867, a trading post was established opposite Cape Astafyev under the management of the Siberian department. The staff of the department included: manager Harald Furugelm, secretary Nikolai Kryukov, land surveyor Ivan Shishkin, doctor Alexander Kuntse (first doctor of the Primorsky Territory) and others. Settlers from Finland arrived on the ship "Nakhodka" on April 30, 1868. In June 1869, land surveyor Shishkin drew up a plan for the development of the trading post. The village has 15 shops, a bathhouse, a pier, warehouses, a smithy, a mill, and a sawmill. Delivery of building materials under the guidance of the manager was carried out by the steamer "Nakhodka" In April 1870, the Nakhodka sank, and the trading post lost its regular sea traffic. On April 6, 1871, Harald Furugelm died of an injury in Nakhodka. On May 25, 1873, the property of the trading post was described, the officials of the appanage department departed for St. Petersburg. The civilian population moved to the Ambu River and to Vladivostok. The trading post became depopulated. The exact location of the trading post, military post and the first civilian settlement on the shores of Nakhodka Bay remains unknown.


XX century

Before the formation of the village of Amerikanka on the shores of the Nakhodka Bay, from the end of the 19th century, there were already private households located in the areas of modern Leninskaya Street, NSRZ and the Morvokzal; a fish cannery operated on Cape Astafiev. In 1891, a dirt road 24 versts long was laid from Vladimir-Aleksandrovsky to Nakhodka Bay. In 1909, a customs post of the Amur customs district was established in the Nakhodka Bay.

In the summer of 1907, on the banks of the Kamenka River, settlers from the Chernigov province founded the village of American, which became part of the Suchansky volost of the Olginsky district of the Primorsky region.


In 1915, 806 people lived in Amerikanka, including 432 Russians, 19 Koreans, 278 nonresidents, and also temporary newcomers; a school was opened, a church service was held in one of the residential buildings. Early in the morning in the spring of 1919, the village came under artillery fire from the British cruiser Kent. From the memoirs of the old-timer Ksenia Kostyrina: “From the ship, they began to fire at the American woman. It happened at six in the morning. Hearing the shots, we woke up and began to look out the window: there was a blue steamer in the bay. From shells bursting in the village, the glass in the windows trembled, people fled and hid. " On April 22, 1919, 6 members of the American Village Council were taken to the sea by the White Guards and shot.

In the 1930s, independent settlements arose on the shores of Nakhodka Bay: Nakhodka (Nakhodka Bay, Nakhodka settlement), Severny (Shevchenko street area), Ugolbaza, Pad Obodnaya, Rybak. The village of Nakhodka was located on the site of the modern Portovaya Street and Central Square, in total there were about 50 private houses. People in the village were engaged in subsidiary farming and fishing. The port station was a pier 125 meters long, built in 1935, warehouses and access railway lines. Coal and general cargo was shipped from the berth. On the shore there were wooden buildings for an office, a canteen, a bathhouse, a railway station; at a distance, there was a customs building. There was an autonomous power supply, running on coal and kerosene. The only street in the village - Delovaya, from the sea in the area of ​​the modern administration of the Trade Port rose into a hill and then steeply descended to the mouth of the Kamenka River, from where a dirt road began to Amerikanka and further to Suchan. Since 1934, a base for warships and submarines began operating at Cape Astafyev.

In 1934, the Far Eastern Shipping Company developed the first project for the construction of a trading port (2 cargo areas - coal and timber) on the shores of Nakhodka Bay from the mouth of the Suchan River, but later this idea was abandoned. In April 1939, Andrei Zhdanov, secretary of the Central Committee of the All-Union Communist Party of Bolsheviks, arrived in Nakhodka on the destroyer Voikov, accompanied by the commander of the Pacific Fleet and the 1st secretary of the Primorsky Regional Committee. After examining the bay, Zhdanov summed up: "This place will be a wonderful port city." After that, on October 7 of the same year, the Central Committee of the All-Union Communist Party (Bolsheviks) and the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR No. 1646-399 "On the transfer of the Vladivostok commercial and fishing ports to the Nakhodka Bay" was adopted. On May 1, 1936, the Latsis railway station was opened. On July 16, 1940, the settlement of Nakhodka was assigned to the category of workers' settlements. By the decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the RSFSR of September 9, 1944, from the division of the Budyonnovsky district, the Nakhodka district was formed with its center in the working village of Nakhodka. In 1947, the first merchant ship, the Danish steamship Greta Mersk, moored at the port of Nakhodka, which delivered equipment for the continuation of the port construction.

In the 1930s-1940s, stationary camps and a transit point for GULAG prisoners operated in Nakhodka. The "Directorate of the Forced Labor Camp and Construction No. 213" (in the system of the Main Directorate of Hydraulic Engineering Construction of the NKVD) operated in Nakhodka Bay from December 1939 to 1941, after which the construction of the commercial port was transferred to "Dalstroy" by the NKVD. The forced labor of prisoners in the construction of the fishing port was used until 1958. Camping zones were located on the 1st, 2nd, 44th sites, on Cape Astafiev and on Lisiem Island.

From 1945 to 1950, a Japanese prisoner of war camp was located in Nakhodka with offices in different areas of the village. The Dalstroy administration and its social infrastructure were located in the Administrative Town. The construction of the working village of Nakhodka was carried out according to the plan developed by Dalstroy. Freelance workers also worked. On Fox Island, a prison colony operated from 1937 to 1941. The transfer point in the Nakhodka Bay (originally in the structure of SVITLag) operated from 1938 to 1946. The Transitka camp zones (accommodating up to 20 thousand convicts) were located in the areas of Lake Solyonoye, Barkhatnaya, Ploshchad Maternity and Rybny Port. The transit was divided into the Upper Transitka, the Lower Transitka, the general regime camp and the women's camp. Many prisoners died of pneumonia and infectious diseases, the dead were buried in the area of ​​modern Pogranichnaya Street and on the Obodnaya Valley (according to the testimony of old-timers, wooden posts stood in these places in the late 1950s). Unknown graves are scattered throughout the city, many buildings are on bones. After the explosions of the Dalstroy steamer at the berths of the commercial port (which lifted 1.8 thousand tons of fuel oil into the air, which then rained over Nakhodka for two hours) and the explosive depots for Kolyma on the Obodnaya Pad in 1946, the point was moved from Nakhodka to the port Vanino.


On May 18, 1950, by the decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the RSFSR, the workers' settlement of Nakhodka was given the status of a city. On May 23, 1950, the first streets were approved: Nakhodkinsky Prospect, Central (now Gagarin), Lermontov and Krylov. Later, Moskovskaya Street (now Leninskaya) appeared.

In 1950 in the fishing port of Nakhodka the first ship, the steamer Lunacharsky, started loading. In 1953 a regular bus service was opened in the city. In 1956, the Department of Active Marine Fishing was transferred from Preobrazheniya to Nakhodka. In 1956, the Far Eastern Naval School was opened in the building of the former hotel. In 1957, the Primorsky shipyard and Dalmorgidrostroy were founded. In 1960, a branch of the Far Eastern Film Technical School was established. In 1961, Nakhodka's first twinning relations with the Japanese city of Maizuru were established. Later, Nakhodka became related to the Japanese cities of Otaru and Tsuruga, the American cities of Auckland and Bellingham.

In 1965, an export-import office "Dalintorg" was opened in Nakhodka, which was in charge of trade relations of the Far East of the USSR with Japan, Australia and the DPRK. On December 16, 1970, the construction of the Vostochny port began, the construction of which was announced by the All-Union Shock Komsomol Construction Project. In 1973, the first ship, the timber carrier "Shadrinsk", started loading at the new port. In 1972, the Primorsk Shipping Company was formed. In 1978 the coal complex of the Vostochny Port was put into operation.

On October 24, 1990, the Nakhodka free economic zone was created. From 1990 to 1997, the state invested 464.5 million rubles in the projects of the Nakhodka FEZ, most of which was spent on the development of the territory's infrastructure. 118 joint ventures were created, investments in the amount of about $ 220 million were attracted. The priority projects of the free zone were the Russian-American Technopark, the Russian-Korean Technopark, the Nakhodka airport, an oil loading terminal in the port of Vostochny, and the Nakhodka TPP. However, none of the major projects was implemented, in 2006 the decree on the creation of a free economic zone "Nakhodka" became invalid, and the FEZ "Nakhodka" ceased to exist.

The 1990s saw a rise in crime in a city divided into spheres of influence among gangs, of which the Vaps gang is best known. Late at night on July 14, 1993 at 00.20 hours an earthquake occurred in Nakhodka, at 01.30 a.m. an alarm about an impending tsunami was announced: people were leaving their homes and leaving on a hill, a pandemonium arose on the Swan Hill.


XXI Century

Since the formation of the Nakhodka urban district in 2004, the city of Nakhodka has lost its independent administrative significance, becoming part of the urban district along with five other settlements. In the same year, the independent urban-type settlements Wrangel and Livadia, which entered the boundaries of the city of Nakhodka as remote micro-districts, were abolished. In 2009, "Spetsmornefteport Kozmino" was opened. Further development of the city is associated with overcoming the mono-profile state of the port city, diversification of the economy through the development of petrochemical production; at the same time, the risk of degeneration of the city into a "working village with an oil pipe" is allowed.


Getting here

By plane
The city does not have its own airport. Residents and visitors use the airport of the city of Vladivostok "Knevichi", located 150 kilometers from Nakhodka. You can get from the airport to Nakhodka either in transit through the cities of Artyom and Vladivostok, using a bus or rail service, or by taxi.

A taxi without an order from the airport to Nakhodka is not cheap, the fare can be 3000-4000 rubles per car. In Nakhodka, there are several haulage companies that operate flights to the airport; upon prior reservation, the cost to the airport and back is approximately 2000-2500 rubles. At the same time, this opportunity exists either for those leaving the city, or for those who come, they must be met.

Also, you can get from the airport to Nakhodka and back by direct bus No. 601 Nakhodka-Ussuriysk, which makes a stop at the airport forecourt, the stop is located a few tens of meters on the right hand at the exit from the airport terminal. The bus runs 3 times a day.

Transit routes involve several possibilities. By bus number 7 to the stop "Sevastopolskaya" of the city of Artyom, then to the passing train to Nakhodka at the railway station "Airport" or to the bus station of Artyom, then by bus. Or by bus No. 107 or minibus No. 101 to the Vladivostok bus station, then by regular bus or train from the Vtoraya Rechka station.

By train
Railway station "Pacific" is the station of the city. The station can be reached by electric trains from Vladivostok or by a regular train from Khabarovsk.

By car
You can enter the city by car from two directions: from Fokino and from Partizansk. From Vladivostok, it is most convenient to travel through Artyom, Shkotovo, Bolshoy Kamen, Fokino, a distance of about 180 kilometers. In front of Nakhodka, along this road, there is the American Pass; in case of icing, it is more practical to go through Partizansk. But the road through Partizansk also has a large pass "Silver", which is practically not cleaned by local authorities. So think and decide for yourself how and where it is better for you to drive.

By bus
Bus service of Nakhodka is carried out with the following cities and towns: Vladivostok, Partizansk, Ussuriysk, Arsenyev, Dalnegorsk, Transfiguration, Sergeevka. Flights at night are not carried out, the first buses depart after 6 am, the last until 19.30.

On the ship
There is a seaport in Nakhodka, which is closed for passenger traffic.


Local transport

The city stretches around Nakhodka Bay for more than 40 kilometers. The central road is Nakhodkinsky Prospekt running along the bay. The districts of the city are dispersed between the hills, a bypass highway is being developed, which will create an alternative road to the avenue.

Motor transport
In the city, as well as throughout the Far East, personal vehicles are overwhelmingly represented by right-hand drive vehicles. A foreign car with a left-hand drive is prestigious.

The main type of public transport in the city is a bus and taxi, there is no trolleybus or tram service. Korean Daewoos are used as buses. The fare is paid to the conductor, the cost for February 2013 was 17 rubles. In buses, it is customary to give up your seat, with the exception of the rear upper platform. There are fixed-route taxis (minibuses) operating on the line; the fare in the city is up to 20 rubles.

There are many taxi companies in the city. Calling a taxi by phone involves a fixed cost of about 150-180 rubles for the first 30 minutes of moving around the city, then according to the tariff. Also, taxis are always at the bus station, often near large shopping centers, markets. Their cost is more expensive than ordering by phone.

Railway transport
Railway tracks are laid along the bay, there are several stations within the city.



"Syty Gorynych" Canteen Portovaya, 3a tel. +7 (4236) 69-87-21
Canteen of the bus park, 1 st3 Daily 08:00-18:00 tel. +7 (4236) 77-41-99, +7-914-713-41-99
Dining room IP Kosinskaya E. V. Makarova st., 18, on weekdays from 12 to 14.


Night life

Nakhodka has an entertainment complex, one of the largest in the Far East "Diamond", which includes two halls: upper and lower (acid), as well as a cafe located on the ground floor. The complex is open until 6.00. Most often, world-class artists come here. (Currently closed). The second major nightclub in the city is Saloon "Texas", located in the hotel complex "Horizon". Opening hours of the specified institution until 4.00. Often an interesting show program: striptease, dance performances. There are also beer bars - "Cat and Clover" on the street. Border and "Docker Pub" on Gagarin. Live music evenings are held there and delicious beer is brewed.



Sleeping places in the rest rooms of the railway station
Hostel "Mayak" Nakhimovskaya st., 27g, Phone: 8 (914) 663-05-39
"Shashlyk" hotel/hostel st. Nakhimovskaya, 14a tel. +7 (4236) 60-79-60 hotelbarbecue.rf

Average cost
Xuan Yuan St. Malinovsky, 32. ☎ +7 (4236) 64-09-84. Chinese style hotel, located near the Chinese wall near the bus station.
Count's estate
Piramid-Hotel, Vladivostokskaya st., 2. ✉ ☎ +7 (4236) 65-77-60, 65-97-50, fax: +7 (4236) 65-98-94. $70-154, cash only. A small cozy hotel, located a stone's throw from the central Leninskaya street and the museum.
Raduga, Borderline 40, 123. ✉ ☎ +7914-328-99-43. 60-140$. Business class hotel at home with cozy, comfortable rooms.
Horizon. 2800 r. A large hotel created in 2006 in a building built in the 1960s.

Boomerang, Nakhodkinsky pr., 44-A. ✉ ☎ +7 (4236) 63-49-63, fax: +7 (4236) 63-42-23. 2800-4200 rubles. A small hotel near the administrative and business center of the city.
Yuan-Dong, Nakhodkinsky Ave., 51. ☎ +7 (4236) 62-04-66, 62-04-25. Chinese hotel on the shore of Nakhodka Bay.
VIP, Pogranichnaya 40 B. ✉ ☎ +79143289943. Three-room luxury apartment with daily rent.


Physical and geographical characteristics

Nakhodka extends for 20 km along the bay and Nakhodka Bay - from the mouth of the Partizanskaya River to Cape Astafiev, and occupies the territory of the Trudny Peninsula, surrounded by the sea on three sides. Nakhodka is the southernmost city in eastern Russia; it is south of Vladivostok and Sochi, and is located on the same latitude as such foreign cities as Bishkek, Sofia and Boston. A noteworthy detail is that Nakhodka is about 250 km south of Krasnodar and just as north of New York, but its climate is noticeably colder than in these cities.

The northern part of the city is located in the valley of Suchana, the central and southern parts are located on the hills. The highest point on the peninsula is Mount Krestovaya, 376 m. The Brother (242 m) and Sister (318 m) mountains are the visiting card of Nakhodka. They are ancient reefs and are shaped like pyramids. Between Brother and Sister rises Nephew Hill, 144 m high. From 1973 to 1982, low-strength limestone was mined on Mount Brat for the construction of the port, for which the upper part of the mountain was cut off by 79 meters. From the top of the Sestra, a panoramic view of the bay and the picturesque valley of Suchana opens up.

In the physical-geographical zoning, Nakhodka is located in the South Primorsky mountain-valley province. Among the landscapes, low mountains with broad-leaved vegetation predominate; there are also river valleys with deciduous forests (the northern part of the city) and coastal plains with meadow, shrub vegetation (the south of the Trudny Peninsula). Soils: floodplain stratified and residual. Forests are deciduous and oak. In July, up to 10 pollinose plant species bloom, including wormwood. An area of increased seismic hazard with possible earthquakes with an intensity of up to 8 points. Near the city in the meridian direction, the East Partizansky and West Partizansky regional tectonic faults extend.



The river Kamenka flows along the main avenue. Within the city there are lakes Salt, Lebyazhye, Ritsa. Nakhodka Bay includes closed bays - Nakhodka, Wrangel, Kozmin and Novitsky, in which port terminals are located. In winter, the bay, with the exception of Nakhodka Bay, practically does not freeze. At the exit from the bay is the island of Lisy, on which in 1937-1945 there was a camp zone. Today the island is uninhabited and classified as a natural monument. Vostok Bay is the only marine reserve in Russia. Among the shores, abrasion ones predominate, including ledges of various heights (up to 110 meters near Cape Passeka on the Trudny Peninsula). The marine fauna is diverse: trepang, scallop, oysters, gerbil, crabs, and shrimps are found in local waters. In November 2010, tiger tracks were seen in the vicinity of the Southern Microdistrict. The coast of the semi-closed bays of Nakhodka and Vostok is the least affected by the tsunami. So on May 26, 1983, the height of the tsunami waves in Nakhodka Bay reached 3-4 meters.

There are 9 organized swimming zones within the city, 11 in Livadia and 1 in Wrangel. The beaches are mostly sandy, there are also pebble and white sand beaches (Reef Bay). 22 beach areas are leased to entrepreneurs, including the Volna city beach. There are 32 recreation centers (7 of which operate year-round), 1 sanatorium, 12 children's camps and 8 tent camps. 24 beach areas of Nakhodka are capable of receiving up to 230,000 vacationers at a time. The flow of tourists in the summer months of 2009, according to local authorities, reached 200 thousand people. Visitors from the Khabarovsk Territory and the Amur Region in their own cars often relax as “savages”, forming many kilometers of tent cities along the coast.



The find is located in the Vladivostok time zone (VLAT), UTC+10. Time in Nakhodka differs from standard time by one hour. The difference with Moscow is +7 hours.



The climate of Nakhodka is moderate monsoonal. The winter monsoon is the transfer of cold continental air from the mainland to the sea. As a result, frosty, slightly cloudy weather sets in with a small amount of precipitation and a predominance of winds of the northern and northwestern directions at a speed of 1–7 m/sec. In winter, there are from one to several days a month with strong winds, which contribute to a significant decrease in temperature in terms of weather severity. The find is located in the 5th frost resistance zone. The normative depth of soil freezing is 142 cm.

Spring is long and cool. In the warm season, southern and southeastern winds prevail, blowing at a speed of 0-5 m/s and intensifying during the passage of typhoons. The summer monsoon operates from June to August. In the first half of summer until mid-July, air masses are carried away from the Sea of Okhotsk, which leads to cool, cloudy weather with fogs and drizzling rain. Warm and sunny weather sets in from mid-July. During this period, due to the supply of moist sea air from the south, clouds of local origin are formed: the densest clouds, hanging low over the city, are usually observed at night; by noon the clouds rise and quickly dissipate. In July, relative humidity reaches 90-95%. In August, the city is often hit by tropical cyclones - typhoons that occur in the Mariana and Caroline Islands of the Pacific Ocean, resulting in a monthly rainfall within 1-2 days.

In the bays and bays of Nakhodka, under the influence of wind, river runoff, tides, an autonomous circulation of water is formed. The cold current does not have a significant impact on these areas. The surface water on the beaches in August warms up to +24 °C. The beach season opens in mid-June and lasts until early September. Autumn in Nakhodka is warm, dry, with a predominance of clear, sunny weather. In some years, warm weather lasts until the end of November.

Absolute maximum: +36.0 °С.
Absolute minimum: -25.9 °C.
The average annual wind speed is 3.3 m/s.
The average monthly air humidity is from 54% in winter to 87% in July.



The main air pollutants of the city are car exhaust gases, city boiler houses not equipped with filtration systems, as well as coal dust, which is carried by the wind from the port terminals. The average annual concentrations of benzpyrene in 2012 exceeded the permissible norm by 1.4 times (for comparison, in Vladivostok - by 2.5 times), the concentrations of nitrogen dioxide were normal. Since the 1990s, acid precipitation has been regularly falling over the southern regions of the Far East, brought by cyclones from the Yellow Sea. Since 2007, with the growth of coal transshipment in the seaport, there has been a strong pollution of the sea area and the atmosphere of the city with coal particles, which is on the verge of an environmental disaster.

A tense ecological situation has developed in the Nakhodka Bay. The main sources of pollution in the bay are: wastewater discharge, unauthorized discharge of oil products and ship effluents, as well as the flow of the Partizanskaya River. The ecology of the northern part of the Nakhodka Bay, from the entire Nakhodka Bay up to and including the mouth of the Partizanskaya River, is assessed as catastrophic. The same situation has developed in the bays of Novitsky and Wrangel. In Vostok Bay, the ecological crisis is present only in Gaydamak Bay. In Kozina and Anna bays, the ecological situation is satisfactory. The deterioration of the ecological situation has an impact on the marine fauna: the number of anomalies among mussels in the Nakhodka Bay reaches 90%. The waters of Nakhodka Bay and the mouth of the Partizanskaya River are most polluted with heavy metals. Anomalous zinc, chromium, cobalt, iron and nickel sediments are concentrated in Nakhodka Bay at the berths of the Primorsky Zavod, in the northern part of the bay at the site of the offshore anchorage of ships, and also near the mouth of the Partizanskaya River. As of 2006, a third of all the city's effluents were discharged untreated into Nakhodka Bay. In 2008-2010, the discharge of wastewater into the Kamenka River was partially blocked and work was carried out to clean up its channel. The open discharge of wastewater into the Salt Lake was switched to the sewerage treatment facilities of the city. It is planned to switch open discharges to the water area of Nakhodka Bay in other areas of the city. In Livadia, sewage is dumped into the sea without treatment.

According to the IAEA, in area No. 9 of the Sea of Japan, about 100 km south of Nakhodka, from 1966 to 1992, the USSR and Russia carried out the main disposal of solid and liquid radioactive waste in the Pacific Ocean with a total activity of 483 TBq. In 1993, the Russian military was convicted of dumping 900 tons of liquid radioactive waste in the same area.

The discovery is assigned to the second group of civil defense in the zone of possible severe damage and dangerous radioactive contamination. On the territory of the city district there are 67 shelters with a total capacity of 45 thousand people.

A sanitary unfavorable situation has developed in the private sector quarters, where there has never been an organized removal of household waste and spontaneous dumps have formed in the adjacent territories. As of 2011, out of approximately 5,000 owners of private houses, only 70 people signed contracts for garbage collection. In 2006, a new solid waste landfill was opened and work began on the reclamation of an unequipped city dump, the long-term operation of which caused environmental pollution. The Primorsky Oil Refinery with a capacity of 20 million tons per year in the valley of Yelizarov Bay Vostok in March 2010 was recognized by Rostekhnadzor as not meeting environmental requirements, and the construction of the plant was stopped.