Noginsk, Russia

Noginsk is located in the Moscow region. Noginsk is a regional center in the Moscow region. At the beginning of the 20th century, light industry seriously developed in the city; at that time, many civil buildings in brick style were built according to individual projects.



1  School No. 10 (Two-class school at the Bogorodsko-Glukhovskaya manufactory of Arseny Morozov), 8 March Street, 4 (Entrance to the school territory is open on weekdays; they are unlikely to be allowed inside.). School building from 1908 in Art Nouveau style.
2  Factory residential building, 8 March Street, 5. Wooden two-story apartment building in Art Nouveau style
3 3 houses for workers, 8 March Street, 10. 3 multi-storey brick residential buildings of the early 20th century, in the Art Nouveau style. One house is now residential, the other two are occupied by a hospital.
4  Residential buildings on Zhaktovskaya street, Zhaktovskaya street. Cooperative multi-storey residential buildings of the 1920s in the constructivist style. Structurally, transitional projects between pre-revolutionary and Soviet architecture.
5  Maternity hospital in Glukhovo, Remeslennaya street, 1. 2-storey brick building in Art Nouveau style.
6  Ensemble of the central square in the constructivist style, Sovetskaya street, 44. The central square is flanked by two multi-storey residential buildings from the early 1930s. They are almost identical, and create a harmonious ensemble, this is rare for the Moscow region
7  Industrial buildings of the 19th century on Rabochaya Street.
8  Monument to V.I. Lenin. The country's first monument to the leader of the proletariat was created during his lifetime and is not similar to the later canonical images of Ilyich. According to one version, the monument was unveiled on January 22, 1924. Another says that the planned January opening date had to be pushed back a couple of months due to the death of Lenin the day before.
9  Summer house of Arseny Morozov. The elegant house is located deep in Glukhovsky Park. At the entrance to the park there is a monument to Anatoly Zheleznyakov, better known as Sailor Zheleznyak. To the left of the entrance to the park there is another Morozov mansion, this time in winter. The Leader Hotel is located there.
10  Epiphany Cathedral. A 19th-century cathedral with one of the tallest bell towers in the Moscow region.
11  Development of Tikhaya Street. Wooden houses built for the best workers of the Glukhov manufactory.
12  Glukhovskaya manufactory.
13  Former women's gymnasium, Sovetskaya street 57. Built at the expense of the Morozovs.
14  Uspenskoye Estate. On the territory of the estate there is the Assumption Church (1756).


Things to do

1  Moscow Regional Drama and Comedy Theater, st. 3rd International, no. 65.
2  Museum of Local Lore, Bugrova Square, 2. A modest museum with materials on the history of the region, plus furniture and paintings taken from neighboring estates.


How to get there

By train
Suburban trains from Moscow depart from Kursky Station. The station is located on a branch line and there are not many trains. You can also get off at the main road in Fryazevo and take the Fryazevo - Noginsk bus.

By bus
Buses from Moscow follow a more direct route than the railway line, but in the 2010s there were constant traffic jams on the road. Departure from Moscow from Partizanskaya bus station.

Noginsk bus station, Komsomolskaya street, 26 bldg. In addition to direct flights, you can also return to Moscow via routes via Monino and Pavlovsky Posad.

By car
The central streets of the city are closed to private vehicles with signs that may not be noticed.


Transport around the city

The single-track tram was closed in 2014, but the tracks and here and there wooden overhead contact poles remain. There is a car wash in the tram depot, under this pretext you can enter the territory.



On the site of today's Noginsk, there was originally the village of Rogozh (Old Russian: Rogozh), which was first mentioned in the second spiritual charter of Ivan Kalita (1339): the Grand Duke bequeathed it to his second wife Ulyana “with smaller children.”

The next mention of the settlement is contained in the spiritual charter of Ivan III (1504), who handed Rogozh to his son Vasily III. In 1506, Vasily III allocated church land and the neighboring village of Mishinskaya (Chernaya) to the Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker, located on the territory of the village. In 1540, the act of transferring the land was additionally confirmed by Ivan IV, who also included the settlement in the Rogozhskaya Yamskaya Sloboda. Scribe books dating back to the reign of Mikhail Fedorovich call the village Rogozha (Rogozhami) and Old Rogozhsky Yam and provide the following information: “Yes, in the village of Rogozha there are 38 households of hunters of the Moscow Yamskaya Sloboda, and in them there are 92 old retired coachmen with their children, and the Yamskaya gondola is driven in Moscow by the Rogozhsky coachmen together.” By 1646, the number of coachman's households increased to 44; In addition to them, the sources list “6 Bobyl households.”

On October 5 (16), 1781, Catherine II signed a personal decree ordering the Yamskoye village of Rogozha to be renamed to the city of Bogorodsk, which became the center of Bogorodsky district. On January 16 (27), 1784, a commission under the Senate approved the plan of Bogorodsk, developed by the architect Ivan Leim. The city on the plan looked like a rectangle, covered with an earthen rampart on three sides, and had the Klyazma River as its northern border. According to data for 1788, in the city there were: “The Church of the Epiphany with the chapel of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker, public places, a city school, a wine and salt barn - all wooden; houses: 2 noble houses, 5 clergy and clergy houses, 5 common houses, 28 merchant houses, 9 town houses, 7 Yam houses, 1 brewery and 1 forge; inhabitants: 306 males, 255 females.”

In 1812, the Patriotic War began. On September 2, Napoleon entered Moscow. A week later, the chief of staff of the French army, Berthier, proposed to the emperor a plan for dispersing troops throughout the districts of the Moscow province. According to this plan, the 3rd Corps of Marshal Ney was sent to Bogorodsky district. Peasant detachments attacked French foragers. The detachments of the peasant Gerasim Kurin and the Vokhnovsky head Yegor Stulov, the centurion Ivan Chushkin and the Amerevsky head Emelyan Vasilyev not only defended the lands of the district, but also bravely fought with the enemy. On October 1 (13), 1812, the peasant cavalry forced the French cavalry to retreat.

On September 22 (October 4, New Style), 1812, with the approach of the main forces of Marshal Ney, the city of Bogorodsk was occupied by the French in battle. After October 6 (18 Art.), after Napoleon left Moscow, Bogorodsk and the district were finally liberated from the enemy.

At the beginning of the 19th century, the development of factory textile production began in Bogorodsk. In 1825, Anisim Elagin moved his silk weaving industry from the village of Gavrilovo to the city of Bogorodsk, building the first silk weaving factory there. In 1847, a large textile enterprise was built - the Bogorodsko-Glukhovskaya manufactory (until 1990 - the Glukhovskaya cotton mill). In addition, Bogorodsk was one of the significant centers of the Old Believers near Moscow.

In 1873, the trading house “Anisim Elagin with his sons” was founded. Subsequently, Shalaev, Shibaev, Brunov, Zotov, Pamfilov, Sopov, Chetverikov, Runov and other merchants opened their factories. Bogorodsk and Bogorodsky district became a major center of textile production in the Moscow province.

In terms of population, Bogorodsky district was the most populous in the Moscow province. At the end of the 19th century, there were about 212,000 people (not taking into account the population of Bogorodsk). There were 478 factories, factories, and commercial and industrial establishments in the county. The area of the county was 3068.4 square meters. versts 97% of the county's residents were employed in industry or crafts.

In 1917, under the Provisional Government, power in the county was personified by the county commissar S.I. Chetverikov, the dual power in the county was quite definite, and at that time various revolutionary military councils, working committees, Soviets, and cells of the Russian Communist Party of Bolsheviks were already functioning. After October, actual power was concentrated in the hands of the district committee of the RCP. Formally, the state in the district was represented by the Soviets. For some time, power in the district belonged to the Bogorodsk Regional Council of Workers' and Soldiers' Deputies, from January to March 1918 - to the District Council of Workers', Peasants' and Soldiers' Deputies, from April 1918 to September 1929 - to the District Council of Workers', Peasants' and Red Army Deputies, and in the period between Congresses of Soviets - to the Executive Committee.

In May 1917, after the February Revolution, the first chairman of the Council of Workers' and Peasants' Deputies, Nikolai Vasilyevich Pogodin, appeared in Bogorodsk, and he also headed the city. In October 1917, power in Bogorodsk passed completely into the hands of the Soviet without bloodshed.

In 1929, Bogorodsk became the center of the Bogorodsky district, and a year later it was renamed Noginsk - in memory of the party and statesman Viktor Pavlovich Nogin, who began his career in 1893 at the Bogorodsko-Glukhovskaya manufactory.

On January 26, 1930, the newspapers Izvestia and Rabochaya Moskva published a resolution of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee “... to rename the city of Bogorodsk and the Bogorodsk station of the Moscow-Nizhny Novgorod railway to the city and station of Noginsk, and the Bogorodsky district to Noginsky” in honor of the Bolshevik figure Viktor Nogin (1878— 1924) (approved by law on March 6, 1930).

From 1929 to 1937, 8 enterprises opened in Noginsk. Among them: a gramophone record plant, which in 1947 began producing fuel pumps (now the Noginsk Fuel Equipment Plant, NZTA), Kardolenta (now the Rubber Products Plant, RTI), a hosiery factory (now LLC Trade and Production Enterprise "Azhur"), New comb factory (combing and spinning production was discontinued in 2003), bakery (now JSC Noginsk Bread Factory). Before the Great Patriotic War, 110 three- and five-story houses with water supply, sewerage, and central heating were built in Noginsk.

About 37,000 residents of Noginsk defended their homeland on the fronts of the Great Patriotic War, more than 15,000 did not return home. Over 10,000 people were awarded government awards, including 30 Heroes of the Soviet Union and five full holders of the Order of Glory.

In 1981, by Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, in connection with the 200th anniversary, the city of Noginsk was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor. In 2013, by decree of the government of the Moscow region “On approval of the list of historical settlements of regional significance in the Moscow region,” Noginsk was given the status of a historical settlement.

In 2011, the Noginsk region was awarded the Badge of the Governor of the Moscow Region “Memorable Sign of the Moscow Region” and the governor’s anniversary diploma for great achievements in socio-economic, cultural development and in connection with the 230th anniversary of the Bogorodsky region.

In 2015, based on the results of assessing the effectiveness of the activities of local governments of urban districts and municipal districts of the Moscow region, the Noginsk district was recognized as the winner and awarded a diploma from the Ministry of Investment and Innovation of the Moscow Region in the category “Industrial Growth”.

In June 2000, the Council of Deputies of the Noginsk District made a unanimous decision “to rename Noginsk and return the city to its original name - Bogorodsk.” However, this decision was later postponed indefinitely. In January 2010, the Council of Deputies of the municipal formation “Urban Settlement of Noginsk, Moscow Region” decided to instruct the administration of the urban settlement to prepare the necessary documents to return the historical name (renaming) of the city of Noginsk to the city of Bogorodsk for sending to the Moscow Regional Duma, this decision was signed by the head of the municipal education. Later, based on the decision of the Council of Deputies of the Noginsk Municipal District dated April 6, 2010, in the Noginsk District from April 20 to April 29, 2010, a survey of district citizens was conducted on the issue “On returning the Noginsk Municipal District to its historical name - Bogorodsk.” The majority of respondents answered negatively to this question. In addition, in accordance with paragraph 12 of the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of December 23, 2009 No. 1074 “On the organization of the All-Russian Population Census of 2010”, executive authorities of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation and local governments are recommended not to carry out transformations of administrative-territorial and municipalities, renaming of geographical objects. In this regard, work to return the Noginsk region to its historical name was suspended. In 2012, the process of returning the historical name was resumed. On June 28, 2012, the district Council of Deputies decided to identify the population’s opinion on returning the historical name Bogorodsk to the district. On July 5, a similar decision was made by the Council of Deputies of the city of Noginsk.

On June 5, 2018, Noginsk became the administrative center of a new municipal entity - the Bogorodsky urban district, created within the abolished Noginsky municipal district.

From June 30, 2018 - a city of regional subordination.

In 2021, the city was awarded the honorary title “Settlement of Military Valor.”



There are 12 kindergartens, three nurseries, and 15 primary and secondary general education institutions in the city. Due to the good training of specialists at the city pedagogical college, education in local schools is maintained at a good level, and alternative school programs are implemented.

Special institutions include a boarding school, a special boarding school, a sports boarding school, and an evening school. Among the educational institutions with various specializations, the Orthodox classical gymnasium named after Konstantin Bogorodsky, the Lomonosov Lyceum, and the Noginsk Cadet Corps named after. B.V. Gromova on the basis of MBOU Secondary School No. 21, music and art schools, Hello language cultural center, private education is also developed.

There are two vocational schools with a student population of about 600 people (2004), four secondary specialized educational institutions with about 2 thousand students (2004). There are pedagogical, medical, trade-economic and polytechnic secondary specialized educational institutions.

There are also five universities in the city (four state and one non-state non-profit) with 3 thousand students (2004). The training of specialists with higher education has expanded in newly created universities.

Paid education and various specialized courses are offered by secondary (teaching, medical and trade schools) and higher educational institutions. There are foreign language courses. Various educational programs are organized on the basis of the employment center, and five driving schools operate.



At the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries, the city was a major center of Old Believer singing art: the Choir of Lovers of Ancient Church Znamenny Hook Singing at the Bogorodsko-Glukhovskaya Manufactory was active in it. Since during the period described the manufactory belonged to the entrepreneur Arseny Ivanovich Morozov (1850-1932), the group is also commonly called the “Morozov Old Believer Choir”, “A. I. Morozov Choir”. The choir's repertoire consisted of liturgical chants of various chants: Znamenny, Demestvenny, Putovy, Bolshoy, etc. In 1908-1911, the group held a series of performances in concert halls of St. Petersburg and Moscow (Great Hall of the Moscow Conservatory), which was an innovation: until that time, the Old Believer Liturgical singing could only be heard during services. Following the example of the Morozov choir, similar singing groups were organized in Rostov-on-Don, St. Petersburg, Riga and other cities. Many vocalists of the Morozov choir traveled as hook singing teachers to other Old Believer communities. Some of the group's performances were recorded on gramophone records.

The city operates the Moscow Regional Drama and Comedy Theater (until 2012 - the Noginsk State Drama Theater). Housed in a building built in 1915, where major renovations were carried out from 2006 to 2010. Currently, the theater is open, but is fighting for survival against the new director, Alexander Morozov.

The city has four large parks. In the central one, during the summer season, there is an area for children's entertainment (roller skating and boarding), the second, Glukhovsky, has a boat station on the shore of the Chernogolovsky pond. On the left bank of the Klyazma, in the upper reaches, behind the Zarechye district, the Volkhonka dendrological park is located.

There are also: an amateur theater for young spectators, a House of Artists, two museums (including a local history museum), six houses of culture, six libraries, a center for children and youth creativity, 16 clubs and societies (tourism, poetry, dating, etc.), a cinema " Dawn”, etc.



Of the parishes of the Russian Orthodox Church, in addition to the Epiphany and Tikhvin Cathedrals in the city center, there is the Assumption Church in Assumption, the Church of the Holy Martyr. Konstantin Bogorodsky in the Oktyabrsky village and the Church of St. Matrona Moskovskaya on Klimov Street.

There is a parish of the UOC-KP, among the Protestant ones there are places of ministry for Baptists, Pentecostals, the Word of Life Church, Adventists, the Charismatic Church, and there are communities of Jehovah's Witnesses.

The Muslim religious community has been registered in Noginsk since 1996. On October 28, 2010, a mosque was opened at 35 Yuzhnaya Street, along with a new building for a madrasah (operating since 1998).


Media and communications

The city is located within the coverage area of the Ostankino TV tower and Balashikha radio tower transmitters.

From the city, Radio Noginsk (104.9 MHz) and TVN (together with the 360° Podmoskovye TV channel on 28 TVK) are broadcast, Radio Russia (107.2 MHz) is rebroadcast. There is a cable television network broadcasting 30 channels.

Two municipal newspapers are published (one twice, the other three times a week, with a total circulation of about 40 thousand per week), a monthly newspaper of the Bogorodsky Deanery of the Russian Orthodox Church with a circulation of 14 thousand, and several advertising newspapers.

The main Internet providers are Flex, ArtEx and Beeline, which also provide IP television broadcasting services.

Fixed telephone communications are provided by the central telecommunications center (CenterTelecom), and postal communications are provided by a wide network of Russian Post offices.

A powerful communication line has been laid through the city through TCMS-21146 Rostelecom (Noginsk) to M10 (Moscow), there is a satellite communication center.



In the Glukhovo microdistrict (a village until 1917) there is a sports complex “Znamya”, which includes an illuminated stadium with a football field, running tracks and a concrete bicycle track, two indoor buildings for training and competitions with a modern basketball hall, a small football field with a high fence, hockey rink and parking lot. The complex is located on the shore of Chernogolovsky Pond, surrounded by a large forest area used for training, competitions and just relaxation. The Spartak-Noginsk women's basketball team, the strongest team in the second women's division in 2010, trains in the complex's basketball hall.

The main football stadium, located in the Avtomobilist sports complex, located in the city center, has stands with a capacity of 2000 people. The stadium is the home of the Znamya team; from 2001 to 2009, the Nadezhda women's club also trained here. In addition to the football field, the complex includes running tracks, an outdoor tennis court with rubber coating, a mini-football court, gymnastics equipment and an unfinished indoor building, and there is another small football field next to the complex.

There is a small sports complex “Start” with a stadium in Domozhirovo, a stadium with an outdoor basketball court on Oktyabrsky and a stadium in Istomkino.

There is a Children's and Youth Sports School in the city, one of the school's students is football player Renat Yanbaev. There are many sports sections and schools, the most famous of which is the Boxing School.

There is a station for young tourists that supports active recreation, including sports tourism and extracurricular education.

In the 1990s, on the basis of ROSTO (DOSAAF) on the city pond, motorboat competitions were held in the youth class.