Pervouralsk, Russia

Pervouralsk (until 1920 - Vasilyevsko-Shaitansky settlement) is the administrative center of the urban district of Pervouralsk, a city of regional subordination in the Sverdlovsk region of Russia, the fourth most populous city in the Sverdlovsk region after Yekaterinburg, Nizhny Tagil and Kamensk-Uralsky.

By order of the Government of the Russian Federation of July 29, 2014 No. 1398-r "On the approval of the list of single-industry towns", the city was included in the category "Single-industry municipalities of the Russian Federation (single-industry towns) with the most difficult socio-economic situation".



In 1702, a miner from Utkinskaya Sloboda Fyodor Rosov discovered an iron ore deposit near Mount Volchikha.

In 1721 the village of Podvoloshnaya was founded.

In the summer of 1730, the grandson of Nikita Demidov (Nikita Demidovich Antufiev), Vasily began the construction of an iron-smelting and iron-making plant on the river. Shaitanka (Nizhneshaitansky, later Vasilyevsko-Shaitansky plant).

On December 1, 1732, the factory blast furnace produced the first cast iron. This date is considered the date of the foundation of the city.

In 1760, the Verkhneshaitansky ironworks was built, and a sawmill was built on the Yelnichnaya river for the needs of both factories.

On June 9, 1771, a riot broke out among the workers of the Vasilyevsko-Shaitansky plant under the leadership of Andrei Plotnikov. The owner of the plant, Efim Shiryaev, was killed.

On January 20, 1774, a detachment of Emelyan Pugachev's associate Ivan Beloborodov entered the village. After the suppression of the Pugachev uprising, the village was burned down.

In 1829, famous German scientists A. Humboldt and G. Rose visited the Urals, who established in the area of ​​Beryozovaya Mountain the place of the pass from the western slope of the Ural Mountains to the eastern one - the border of Europe and Asia. On this place in 1837, in connection with the passage of the heir to the throne, the first obelisk "Europe-Asia" was erected in the Urals.


On September 15, 1915, the first calcining furnace of the Khrompikov chemical plant was launched. The Shaitansky chemical plant for the production of sodium chromium peak and sulfuric acid, built with major imperfections, was built by the Verkh-Isetsk Plants Joint Stock Company on the basis of the Gologorsky chromium iron ore deposit and the Bilimbaevsky limestone deposit.

For the first time in the Urals, the production of pipes was mastered at the Vasilyevsko-Shaitansky Plant, in connection with which on September 2, 1920 the plant was renamed into the "First Ural Plant of Seamless and Rolled Pipes". At the end of September of the same year, by a general meeting of citizens of the Shaitan volost, the Vasilyevsko-Shaitansky settlement was renamed Pervouralsk.

In 1924, in the Yekaterinburg district, the Pervouralsk district was formed with its center in the working village of Pervouralsk.

In 1929 "Khrompikstroy" was created, the expansion of the Khrompikovy plant began.

In 1929, at the foot of Karaulnaya Mountain, the Dinas plant was founded, the first specialized enterprise in the Urals for the production of refractories. The plant gave its first production in 1932.

In 1931, construction began on the Pervouralsk New Pipe Plant, the largest in Europe.

On June 20, 1933, by the decision of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee, the working settlement of Pervouralsk was transformed into the city of Pervouralsk.

On May 13, 1934, the pipe-drawing shop of the Novotrubny Plant produced the first pipes.

In the mid-1930s, the operation of the mine on Mount Magnitka began.

In 1935, the first hot-rolled pipe was produced at the Novotrubny Plant.

In 1935, the development of titanomagnetite ore of the Magnitka Mountain began, the village of Magnitka was founded.

On May 3, 1935, Pervouralsk was allocated to a city of regional subordination with the transfer of the territory of the abolished Pervouralsk district to it.

During the Great Patriotic War, six residents of Pervoural were awarded the title of Hero of the Soviet Union.

In 1941, on the basis of the evacuated equipment of the Leningrad plant "Electric", the first in the Urals enterprise of electric welding machines and devices was created (later - the Novoutkinsky plant "Iskra").

On the basis of the equipment of the Krivoy Rog plant "Metallist" in the ground services of the Gologorsky mine, a plant for the repair of mining equipment was created, now OJSC "Pervouralsky Plant of Mining Equipment".

In 1956 - the first power boiler of the Pervouralskaya CHPP was put into operation.

On February 1, 1963, the Council of Working People's Deputies of the city of Pervouralsk was transferred to the subordination of the Sverdlovsk Regional Council of Working People's Deputies.

On January 2, 1973, Starotrubny Plant became part of Novotrubny as a branch. In the spring of 1973, between the settlements of Talitsa and Magnitka, the construction of a plant for the production of tubular building structures began, which produced the first products in 1975.

In 1982, by a decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, Pervouralsk was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor.

1986 - The Council of Ministers of the USSR adopted a resolution on the organization in the city of Pervouralsk, Sverdlovsk Region, for the production of electric-welded profiles of rectangular and square sections (Resolution No. 1119 of September 20, 1986).

On January 13, 1990, 3 km east of Pervouralsk, it made an emergency landing due to a fire aboard a Tu-134A passenger aircraft of the Volgograd air squadron Aeroflot (tail number USSR-65951), which was flying Tyumen - Ufa - Volgograd. Of the 65 people on board, 27 were killed (including 4 crew members).

1991 - the official date of birth of the Uraltrubprom plant, which was subsequently transformed into the open joint stock company Uraltrubprom Uraltrubprom due to a change in the form of ownership.

In 1996, following the results of the referendum on December 17, 1995, the municipal formation of the city of Pervouralsk was created.


On June 7, 2000 the UNIKOM Group of Companies was founded - one of the leading manufacturers of equipment and spare parts for the oil and gas industry in Russia. In 2020, the PZGO stone foundry shop became part of the enterprise - a production with 55 years of experience in the manufacture of products from stone casting. Today UNIKOM Group of Companies is the only Russian manufacturer of stone casting - a unique material with high wear resistance, heat resistance, and resistance in chemically aggressive environments.

2005 - OJSC Uraltrubprom and OJSC PZTSK (Pervouralsk Plant of Tubular Building Structures) announced the beginning of the creation of a single production complex. The aim of this event is to improve the financial and economic activities of enterprises, optimize costs and rational use of resources. From that moment on, OJSC Uraltrubprom has been a manufacturer of metal structures of any complexity and welded beams.

2006 - RGPPU (Russian State Professional Pedagogical University) began its work on the basis of the Ural Pipe Plant OJSC.

2007 - the second production site was opened at OJSC Ural Pipe Plant as a result of the merger with the Plant of Complex Metal Structures and the list of products manufactured by the plant was expanded. The production of long products, prefabricated buildings of complete delivery, steel windows, doors and gates, road and bridge fences, corrugated board was added.