Podolsk, Russia


Restaurant, taverns and where to eat


Description of Podolsk

Podolsk is a city in the Moscow region of Russia. It forms an administrative-territorial unit and a municipal unit of the same name with the status of a city okrug. Podolsk is located on the Pakhra River (a tributary of the Moskva River). One of the largest satellite cities of Moscow (the second after Balashikha). Podolsk is located south of Moscow, about 15 km south of the Moscow Ring Road.



The main main street of Podolsk is the Warsaw Highway coming from the north of Moscow, called Lenin Avenue in the city. In the center, on Lenin Square (Generation Square), it forms an “arrow” and is divided into Warsaw Highway itself (going towards Maloyaroslavets) - Kirova Street and Old Simferopol Highway - Bolshaya Serpukhovskaya Street. In the vicinity of Lenin Square and the bend of the Pakhra River there is the historical part of the city with surviving pre-revolutionary merchant houses, churches, a local history museum and the constructivist heritage of the Soviet era. One and a half kilometers from Lenin Square there is the Podolsk railway station and the main city park. It is possible to get around the city center on foot in a few hours, but it is better to get to distant attractions by transport, along the main streets.

An interesting option could be the scenic walking route shown in the figure. Starting in the central park, you can walk 6 km along the right bank of the Pakhra River in a couple of hours, seeing the pre-revolutionary merchant buildings, the Trinity Cathedral, the Ivanovskoye estate and the famous Znamenskaya Church in the Dubrovitsy estate, not far from it is the baroque Ilinskaya Church in the village of Lemeshovo . There are no signs on the route; you can only walk or bike, preferably in good weather, as part of the path consists of dirt paths.

Tourist Information Center (TIC)  , ave. Lenina, 113/62 (in the Exhibition Hall building). ☎ +7 (4967) 63-01-54. Tue–Sun 10:00–18:00. Consultation on city attractions, information booklets. Souvenirs are not sold.


Travel Destinations in Podolsk

Pakhra Bend

In the bend of the Pakhra River, the historical spirit of the old merchant town, which has now grown into a large industrial center, is best preserved. During Soviet times, Catherine's layout of 1784 was disrupted by multi-story buildings, so the pre-revolutionary buildings in the center survived only in fragments. The historical buildings are best preserved on Karl Marx Street and Lenin Avenue, which are worth a stroll along first.

1  Trinity Cathedral  , Cathedral Square, 3A. The oldest surviving temple in the city was built in 1819-1832. in honor of the victory in the Patriotic War of 1812 according to the project of O.I. Beauvais in the Empire style. It has a five-domed completion and was originally conceived as the core of urban development. The structure is made of brick and stone blocks, covered with white and yellow plaster and is located on a high hill near the Pakhra River. The temple was not closed during Soviet times, so it retained the original iconostases from 1898 in the interior. A good view of the cathedral opens from the Central Park of Culture and Leisure named after. Talalikhin on the opposite bank of the river. Opposite the cathedral there is a landscaped square with an obelisk to the grenadiers of Miloradovich, erected in honor of the centenary of the Patriotic War in 1912.
✦  Lenin Avenue (formerly Moskovskaya Street). One of the first streets in the city that has preserved the historical appearance of the county merchant center. The area from modern Lenin Square to the Pakhra River was built up mainly in the second half of the 19th century with stone merchant mansions. Here it is worth paying attention to the 2nd house of the merchant Kananykin (no. 146), which has preserved its historical decor, and the 3rd house of the merchant Tolkushev (no. 138) with a curious brick ornament around the windows. From Pakhra to Krasnaya Gorka, mainly examples of wooden merchant architecture have been preserved. The most authentic here is the 4th house of the merchant Bochkov (no. 106) and the 5th brick mansion of the merchant Robinov (no. 98/9).
6  House of merchant M.A. Solodkova, Revolutionary Ave., 53/44. The most outstanding example of Art Nouveau in the city was built at the end of the 19th century by A.F. Shamshina, a relative of Moscow industrialists. Her initials are A.F.Sh. can still be seen under the eaves of this mansion. There is an assumption that the architect of the house was the famous F.O. Shekhtel, who previously supervised the construction of the Shamshin apartment buildings in Moscow. In 1910, the house was purchased by the famous Podolsk merchant Mikhail Solodkov, who already had another mansion in the city on the former Nikitskaya Street. Opposite the house is the printing house of the merchant Toshchakov, built in 1903 from brick in a simpler style.
7  City Council Building, st. Februaryskaya, 65. Here, in a building with a well-preserved pre-revolutionary brick facade, the City Duma was located, and later the women's gymnasium. Wide, high windows and massive bricks testify to the good work of the builders. Locally produced bricks were used during construction - they were produced at a factory in Shepchinki by merchant Nikolai Fedorovich Baranov. If you manage to go to the side or rear facade of the building, then on the walls you can find about a dozen factory marks on bricks “N.F. Baranov." This mark is also found on other city brick buildings, but here it is especially visible.
8  Merchant house with blind platbands, st. Bolshaya Zelenovskaya, 7. A classic mansion with a first brick and second wooden floor. It is notable for the fact that it has preserved the massive blind platbands characteristic of ancient houses in the Moscow region, and, after the destruction of similar platbands on the house of the merchant Perevyazkin in 2022, they are the only ones of their kind in the city.


Around Glory Square

The modern center of Podolsk between Lenin Avenue and the railway station. Here are the main monuments of constructivism and Stalinist architecture, as well as the ensemble of Public Places of the 1820s, where the Local History Museum is now located. Along the right bank of the Pakhra River stretches the main city park named after V.V. Talalikhina.

9  Glory Square. The main square of Podolsk, where citywide holidays and special events take place. In the center there is a monument to the soldiers of the Great Patriotic War and home front workers, with an Eternal Flame. Along the perimeter of the square are the Lepse House of Culture, one of the best buildings in the constructivist style, and the building of the Podolsk Infantry School, from where Podolsk cadets went into battle in the fall of 1941.
10  The Singer department store building, Revolutionary Ave., 50/34. A striking brick house with characteristic features of the Art Nouveau style. It was erected in 1913, as proudly evidenced by the inscription on the facade of the building. At the corner end there is a clock that lights up bright scarlet at night.
11  Constructivist residential building on Revprospekt, Revolutionary Ave., 25/12. The calling card of Podolsk residential constructivism, erected in the 1930s. If you're lucky, be sure to look into the fourth entrance of this building, which has a strictly triangular shape. Nearby, on both sides of Revprospekt, there is a mixed constructivist-Stalinist building with skylight glazing at the entrances, bent corners of the facades, and dates of construction on the façade.
12  Church of the Resurrection of the Word, st. Krasnaya, 24. Erected at the end of the 18th century from white stone on the site of a wooden church that burned down in 1728. During Soviet times, it was closed and used as a production facility. Restored in 1999 with reconstruction of the historical appearance. The building is interesting for its interior paintings and gilded mosaics on the exterior walls. The area around the church has been landscaped and a number of modern sculptures have been installed here.
13 “Round” house, st. Rabochaya, 32/24. A noticeable building from 1938 with a constructivist corner round part is located opposite the main entrance to the Talalikhin Culture and Recreation Park. If you look closely, you will notice that the facade along Rabochaya Street has a rectangular roof relative to the wall, while the roof of the facade along Baramzina Street is located at an angle of 45 degrees.
14  Residential building – “palace for workers”, st. Rabochaya, 36. An outstanding example of pre-war Soviet architecture with a stepped layout. The building initially had a multi-level attic and was more reminiscent of a royal palace, which reflected the spirit of late Stalinist architecture - the construction of “palaces for workers”. During the war, the house was severely damaged and after reconstruction it lost the decorative elements of the attic, but retained the decoration of the facade, and together with neighboring buildings it is the face of the pre-war Stalinist architecture of the city.
15  Monument to Catherine the Great. Opened in Ekaterininsky Square, 300 meters from Podolsk station, in 2008. The sculptor depicted the empress at the moment of signing the decree “On the establishment of the Moscow province” in 1781, thanks to which the village of Podol received the status of a city.


Kirova street

One of the main main streets of Podolsk, starting from Lenin Square and turning into Varshavskoye Shosse on the southwestern outskirts of the city. The street is located on the way to the Ivanovskoye and Dubrovitsy estates; public areas and a number of interesting monuments are concentrated along it.

16  Generation Square (“Strelka”), pl. Lenin. The central city square near Lenin Square, which lies at the intersection of three main highways and is informally called “Strelka” among Podolsk residents. The park has a modern clock tower and a light fountain with a jet height of more than 10 meters. Opposite the square there is a utilitarian administration building, in the traditions of late Soviet modernism, and a small park with a monument to the poet A.S. Pushkin. If you go around the administration building, you can come across another, less well-known monument to the liquidators of the Chernobyl accident of 1986 in the form of a huge stone with a carnation flower. On Lenin Square itself there is the largest monument to the Soviet leader in the city, behind which there is a square with a bust of V.V. Stekolnikov, a nuclear scientist who worked at a local enterprise.
17  Zemskaya Hospital, st. Kirova, 38. Central city hospital, in the courtyard of which you can see buildings from the late 19th - early 20th centuries. The most remarkable building - the hospital staff house - is located in the very depths of the territory. The small two-story outbuilding from 1911 is a subtle stylistic imitation of the Royal Palace of La Magdalena in Santander, Spain, built two years earlier. Also noteworthy is the cardiology building with windows in the neo-Gothic style - this was originally the very first building of the zemstvo hospital. Entrance to the hospital grounds is free, except at night, so connoisseurs of historical architecture can safely go there.
18 Leo Tolstoy Boulevard. A modern pedestrian zone dedicated to the famous writer, who walked through Podolsk from his Yasnaya Polyana estate to Moscow. At one end of the boulevard there is a full-length monument to Leo Tolstoy, and at the opposite end there is a fountain “Natasha Rostova’s First Ball”, where the main characters of the novel “War and Peace” spin on a rotating pedestal. The place where the fountain is located among Podolsk residents is called “Motherland” - after the cinema that no longer exists. Now the building of the former cinema is occupied by the MVideo equipment store, the decoration of which has preserved a large Soviet sgraffito panel dedicated to peace and happiness.
19  Monument to Podolsk cadets. One of the symbols of Podolsk, installed in 1975 in the park next to the former buildings of the Podolsk Artillery School, where the archive of the Ministry of Defense is now located. The monument made of sheet stainless steel shines in the sun and is an allegory of the “iron men” who blocked the path to Moscow in October 1941 to an enemy superior in number and technology. Next to the square is the Central Archive of the Ministry of Defense, where a significant number of documents from the Great Patriotic War are stored: both local historians and people who try to find information about relatives who took part in hostilities come here. And on the surrounding Khrushchev buildings you can see modern murals on military themes.
20  Ivanovskoye Estate, st. Parkovaya, 1. A noble estate in the style of Palladian classicism on the picturesque bank of Pakhra, in the former village of Ivanovskoye (now the microdistrict of Podolsk of the same name). Known since 1627 as the family property of the Golovins, it later passed into the hands of Count Fyodor Tolstoy, brother of the great writer’s grandfather. Under him, a two-story manor house with two single-story outbuildings, a theater and an in-house church, which has survived to this day, was built, an interesting architectural whim - a tea pavilion, as well as stables and a carriage house. In the 19th century, the estate was inherited by Tolstoy’s daughter, Agrafena Zakrevskaya, the wife of the Moscow governor-general. Under the Zakrevskys, the estate takes on a modern look and becomes the cultural center of the Moscow province: writers, poets, artists visit the house; one of the most famous guests of the estate was Pushkin. After the revolution, the estate was turned into a hostel, gradually deteriorated and collapsed. In the 1960s, students from a local vocational school restored the estate and opened a museum of vocational education here, which gradually became similar to the museum of history and life of the Podolsk region. The tea house houses a small biological museum with stuffed animals from the Moscow region. The concert hall hosted performances by artists and theatrical performances. The stables and theater have also been preserved, but are in ruins. The estate is currently being renovated and the museum is not open. But you can take a walk through the English park, which now looks more like a forest, and examine the exteriors of the estate buildings. Bus No. 4 runs here from the center of Podolsk - to the final stop “Poselok Volodarskogo” (once an hour) or you can walk for half an hour.



The territory between Bolshaya Serpukhovskaya and Komsomolskaya streets and the Kursk direction railway tracks, which is occupied by the remains of the former Singer plant, one of the unspoken symbols of Podolsk and a large example of pre-revolutionary industrial architecture.

21  Singer sewing machine plant. At the very beginning of the 20th century, the Singer company decided to build a plant in Podolsk for the production of sewing machines, which before the revolution began to be sold en masse throughout the Russian Empire. The plant survived nationalization, and throughout the 20th century, Podolsk sewing machines became firmly established in the everyday life of almost every Soviet person. A monument to the Singer sewing machine was even erected near the building of the Local History Museum. The plant's production buildings are located closer to the railway, but the enterprise did not survive the 1990s, and the buildings were partially leased and partially abandoned. The city administration’s plans include ideas for reconstructing the factory buildings and opening the territory to tourists, but so far they have not been implemented. However, a good view of the ancient red brick buildings of the plant opens from the road bridge over the Kursk Railway. The crown of industrial architecture here are two powerful chimneys, on which the year of construction is inscribed in brick - 1914.
22  “Zinger” civil quarter. The civil buildings of the Singer plant can be seen walking along Bolshaya Serpukhovskaya Street. House No. 1 at the intersection with Matrosskaya Street is a real school building built by Singer in 1912. Further on the left side of the street there are four two-story mansions in the Art Nouveau style, which the plant built for its engineering and technical workers. Each house has its own stylistic feature: somewhere a section of the wall or attic is made of wood, somewhere the house is more elongated, somewhere it’s the other way around. Opposite the ensemble, it is worth paying attention to the residential building of officers of the Podolsk cadet schools, a representative building of the late 30s with Empire decoration and beautiful balustrades.



The village of Dubrovitsy adjoins Podolsk from the west and has practically merged with the city. Here, at the confluence of the Desna and Pakhra rivers, the Dubrovitsy estate is located - one of the most interesting noble estates in the southern Moscow region with the Znamenskaya Church, unique for Russia. You can get here from Podolsk station by bus No. 65, which runs every half hour.

23  Dubrovitsy estate. For free. The patrimony of the princely family of Golitsyn, who owned this land since the 17th century. In the middle of the 18th century, the main house of the estate was built in the classicist style, which subsequently underwent several reconstructions. At the front entrance to the house there are preserved estate lions, the only ones of their kind in the southern Moscow region. After the revolution and nationalization, a museum of landowner life was opened in the estate, which was closed in the 1930s, and the interior decoration was completely taken to other museums. Since the mid-50s, the estate has been under the jurisdiction of the Institute of Animal Husbandry; access to the main house has been limited - there is no museum here. Several outbuildings have survived to this day, as well as the luxurious neo-Gothic gates of the horse yard, which are clearly visible from the road. The estate park has also survived, although it is now in a state of disrepair. The main interest in the estate is the Church of the Sign, next to which, on a hill, an observation deck with the best views of it was erected. Not far from the temple, by the river, there is a singing field, a favorite place for walks and picnics for Podolsk residents, where public events are often held. For example, in the fall the Tsvetaevsky Bonfires festival takes place: a memorial stone was erected here for the poetess.
24  Znamenskaya Church. 11:00–16:30. One of the most beautiful and unusual churches in Russia with rich decor on the outside and a “museum of sculpture” inside. The white stone church in honor of the “Sign” icon was erected from 1690 to 1703 in the mature Baroque style by the tutor of Peter I, boyar Boris Golitsyn. The temple has a unique form for Russia: with a dome in the shape of a carved gilded crown, walls richly decorated with decorative bas-reliefs and a base in the form of a cross, rounded at the ends. Due to the inconsistency of the temple with Orthodox canons and the pretentiousness of the style, Patriarch Adrian refused to consecrate it - this was done only after his death, in 1704, in the personal presence of Tsar Peter I. The three-tier bell tower of the mid-18th century was demolished in Soviet times, but was restored in 2022 . Now the temple is operational: inside, instead of the usual frescoes, it is richly decorated with sculptures and high-relief compositions on biblical subjects.
25  Ilyinskaya Church in Lemeshovo. 9:00–17:00. It is located in the village of Lemeshovo, where in 1690 the wooden Church of Elijah the Prophet, which previously stood on the site of the Znamenskaya Church in Dubrovitsy, was moved. In 1753, a new Baroque church was built on the site of the dilapidated church. During Soviet times, the temple was badly damaged; the interior interiors were not preserved. Now the church has been restored; it fits perfectly into the landscape on the high bank of the Pakhra River. Next to the temple there is an iron bridge over Pakhra, crossing which you can walk to the Dubrovitsy estate in 15 minutes.


Temples and churches

There are several Orthodox churches in the city, among which the Cathedral of the Life-Giving Trinity (also popularly known as the Holy Trinity Cathedral or Trinity Cathedral) and the Church of the Resurrection of the Word (Renewal of the Church of the Resurrection of Christ in Jerusalem) stand out.

The most famous of them is the Trinity Cathedral, built in 1819-1832 in honor of the victory in the Patriotic War of 1812 and is a five-domed cathedral in the Empire style with a three-nave refectory and a three-tier bell tower. Among the churches in the southern Moscow region, Trinity Cathedral is the only one with a five-domed finish. The architect of the cathedral is Osip Ivanovich Bove, famous for the reconstruction of Moscow after the fire of 1812. Trinity Cathedral was created as a compositional center of urban development, so a high hill above the Pakhra River was chosen for its construction. Trinity Cathedral has its own shrines: this is the Jerusalem Icon of the Mother of God, revered by Christians for allegedly delivering the city from cholera in 1866, two reliquaries with particles of the relics of 140 saints, the icon of the New Martyrs of Podolsk. During the years of Soviet power, Trinity Cathedral was the only functioning city cathedral in the Moscow region.

One of the oldest churches in Podolsk is the Church of the Resurrection of the Word (or simply the Resurrection Church) on Krasnaya Street, which is mentioned in the scribe books of 1627-1628, when the village of Podol, which was the patrimony of the Moscow Danilov Monastery, was located on the territory of the modern city. The first church was wooden, which caused a fire in 1722. In 1728, an appeal was sent to the Synodal State Order for the construction of a stone church. But after permission was received, the construction of the temple dragged on for 40 years. At the end of the 18th century, the Church of the Resurrection became the cathedral church of the city, and the cathedral rector became the dean of the churches of the Podolsk district of the Moscow diocese. However, after the construction of the Trinity Cathedral, the temple became the city cemetery church. In the middle of the 19th century, the church was repaired and an independent parish was restored. But with the establishment of Soviet power, church property was confiscated, and in March 1929 the Resurrection Church was closed. There were even plans to redevelop the Orthodox church into a local history museum with the establishment of a revolutionary department in the main altar of the church. Subsequently, the church was significantly destroyed (including the bell tower), and it was turned into a workshop for the production of tombstones. In the adjacent cemetery, where those who died from the cholera epidemic of 1848 and closed in 1924 were buried, an industrial technical school was built, and a sports and children's playground was installed. Subsequently, the church was used for other economic purposes. The first divine liturgy took place only in 1995. Between 1995 and 1999, the Church of the Resurrection was actually revived.



One of the famous attractions of the city is the former Ivanovskoye estate, which currently houses the Museum of Local Lore and the Museum of Professional Education of Russia. For the first time, Ivanovo as a patrimonial estate was mentioned in the scribe books of 1627. At the end of the 17th century, the estate belonged to the okolnik Ivan Ivanovich Golovin and his heirs, in the second half of the 18th century - to Field Marshal Mikhail Fedotovich Kamensky. At the end of the 18th century, Ivanovskoye came into the possession of the senator, Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy’s great-uncle, Count Fyodor Andreevich Tolstoy. It was by his order that the artistic complex of the estate was created. The compositional axis of the estate runs along the access alley, through the center of the estate palace and further along the terraces to the Pakhra River. In the center of the ensemble is a three-story building. The wing buildings are stretched along Pakhra, the side wings are stretched forward. Not far from the main entrance there is a park pavilion. A two-story theater building was built in line with the main house, to the side of which there was a utility yard. After the death of Fyodor Tolstoy, the estate passed to the Count, Governor-General of Finland (1823), Moscow (1848-1859) Arseny Andreevich Zakrevsky, who carried out the reconstruction of Ivanovsky: passages were built connecting the central part of the building with the wings, a church was located in the eastern wing, A fence with a stone gate was installed. Subsequently, Ivanovskoye was the property of Countess Agrafena Fedorovna Zakrevskaya, Countess Sofia Vasilievna Keller and the Bakhrushin family, who in 1916 donated the estate to the Moscow city government for the establishment of a medical and educational institution for orphans.

The lands on which the former Pleshcheyevo estate is currently located have been known since the 14th century, when they belonged to the Chernigov prince Fedor Byakont. His youngest son, Alexander, who was a boyar of Dmitry Donskoy, received the nickname Pleshchey for his broad-shouldered figure, becoming the founder of the famous Pleshcheyev family (hence the name of the estate). In the 17th century, these lands passed to the boyars Morozov, and later to Vasily Petrovich Pospelov (in his honor the peasants named the Pleshcheyevo estate Pospelov or Pospelkov). From the second half of the 17th century, Pleshcheyevo-Pospelovo belonged to State Councilor Alexander Ivanovich Perepechin. At the beginning of the 19th century, Pleshcheyevo passed to Prince Alexander Alexandrovich Cherkassky, who in 1820 ordered a design for his estate from the architect Evgraf Dmitrievich Tyurin. As a result, a brick main house was built in the classicist style and the first floor of the human outbuilding (the second floor was later erected by the architect Dmitry Andreevich Koritsky). Subsequently, the estate was the property of the Lazarov family, and then von Meck. At their invitation, in 1884 and 1885, the Russian composer Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky visited Pleshcheyevo, who wrote “Concert Fantasy” here. In 1908, the owners transferred the estate to a cement plant. In 1919, the estate housed a children's labor colony, since 1925 - a tuberculosis clinic, and during the Great Patriotic War - the Podolsk women's sniper school.

The house-museum of V.I. Lenin is also noteworthy. The Ulyanov family lived in Podolsk for some time, and Lenin visited the city more than once.


Urban sculptures

The city has many monuments, memorial signs, and memorial plaques. The most famous of them are:

Lenin monument. Sculptor - Z. I. Azgur, architect - L. P. Zemskov. Installed in the central square of the city, named in his honor, on October 29, 1958 on the site of a two-story wooden hotel, popularly nicknamed the “Peasant’s House.” The leader of the October Socialist Revolution visited the city in July 1900. Earlier, in May 1898, the Ulyanov family settled in Podolsk. Letters from Lenin, who was in exile in Siberia at that time, were sent to the city, with instructions for the publication of his works, in connection with the revolutionary underground. During the days spent in Podolsk, Lenin thought through the complex issues of transporting the first all-Russian illegal Marxist newspaper from abroad to Russia, illegal appearances and addresses were planned (all that ensured the publication of Iskra).
Monument to the Cadets of Podolsk Military Schools, who, together with units of the 43rd Army, held back the onslaught of Nazi troops and helped gain time to bring up reserves to Moscow. During the Battle of Moscow, Podolsk cadets destroyed about 5 thousand German soldiers and officers, 100 tanks and armored personnel carriers. The monument was opened on May 7, 1975 at the intersection of Kirov Street, Parkovaya Street and Archive Proezd. The production of the monument was entrusted to the machine-building plant named after S. Ordzhonikidze.
An architectural and sculptural ensemble on Glory Square (formerly 50th Anniversary of October Square), dedicated to the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945. Authors: Y. Lyubimov and L. Zemskov. Installed in November 1971. Carved on a large concrete slab are Soviet soldiers rushing into battle with grenades and machine guns, as well as the words: “To the heroes of Podolsk, who defended their Motherland, honor and freedom with their lives.” In 2010, the ensemble was reconstructed: to the right of the slab with carved Soviet soldiers and the stele, a memorial complex to the military and labor exploits of Podolsk residents during the Great Patriotic War was opened. The eternal flame was placed in front of the reconstructed stele. In addition, the complex included a monument to fellow countrymen who died while performing international duty in Afghanistan and combat missions in Chechnya (sculptor - Honored Artist of Russia A. A. Rozhnikov, architect M. V. Tikhomirov). At the same time, after an appeal from the council of war veterans, labor veterans, the Armed Forces and law enforcement agencies to the city administration, it was decided to call the square “Glory Square”.
Monument-obelisk to the grenadiers of Miloradovich who fell on Podolsk land in 1812. Consecrated and opened on October 1, 1912 on the 100th anniversary of the Patriotic War of 1812. The initiators of the creation of the monument were the Podolsk City Administration and the Zemstvo. Authors: sculptor Chernyshev (production of the cast zinc eagle), engineer Grigoriev (supervision of construction). Located on Cathedral Square in front of the Trinity Cathedral between Bolshaya Zelenovskaya, Fevralskaya and Revolutionary Avenue streets. It is a tall tetrahedral pyramid topped with the Alexander eagle. The rectangular pedestal is framed by eight pyramidal pedestals connected to each other by a massive chain. There is a plaque on the monument: “September 22, 1812. The Russians, under the command of General Miloradovich, fought all day between the villages. Voronov and Tarutin with Murat’s corps blocked the French’s path to the camp of the Russian army led by Kutuzov.” During the years of Soviet power it was converted into a monument to Karl Marx, but in 1995 it was restored.
Monument to Viktor Vasilyevich Talalikhin. Sculptor - Z. I. Azgur, architect - L. P. Zemskov. It was opened on May 9, 1960 with funds earned by Komsomol members. Located in the Central City Park named after. V.V. Talalikhina. The monument is a bust of the hero on a granite pedestal. On the pedestal there is an inscription “To Viktor Talilikhin” and a metal plaque with his biography and description of his feat.
Monument to Mikhail Illarionovich Kutuzov. Sculptor - S. M. Udalova, architects - O. G. Lyubarskaya, S. V. Kudrina. Opened in 1995. In 2012, in honor of the 200th anniversary of the Patriotic War of 1812, the monument was updated: the foundation of the stele was redone, portraits of Russian commanders who participated in the events of 1812 were added to the composition. Located in the Kutuzovo microdistrict at the intersection of Sosnovaya and Borodinskaya streets. It is a 22-meter composition, on top of which is a sculpture of Archangel Michael made of stainless steel.
Monument to Catherine II. Sculptor - A. A. Rozhnikov, architect - M. V. Tikhomirov. Opened on September 14, 2008. Located in Catherine Square near Vokzalnaya Square. The monument depicts the Empress at the moment of signing the Decree of October 5, 1781, which reads: “... we most graciously command that the economic village of Podol be renamed a city...”
Monument to Alexander Sergeevich Pushkin. Author: Viktor Mikhailovich Mikhailov. Opened on June 6, 1999 and installed on the 200th anniversary of the poet’s birth. Located in the park to the right of the Podolsk Administration building (other places for installation were proposed: the Ivanovskoye estate, the park in front of the Lepse Palace of Culture, the square near the old city committee). The monument is a bust of the poet made of red-brown granite, which stands on a column of black granite. The position of the poet's hands is close to the portrait of Kiprensky, with the right hand placed on the shoulder and the left hand on the bust. On the pedestal there is an inscription: “My friend, let us dedicate our souls to our fatherland with wonderful impulses.”
Bronze sculpture "Justice". Author - D. V. Kukkolos. Installed on December 23, 2005 on the territory of the new building of the Podolsk City Court. The Podolsk goddess of justice has classical attributes (scales, sword, blindfold), and also holds in her right hand a shield with the image of the coat of arms of Russia.
Bust of Alexander Vasilyevich Nikulin - Honorary Citizen of the Moscow Region, Honorary Citizen of the city of Podolsk, the first popularly elected Head of the city of Podolsk (1992-2003). Installed on October 6, 2012 in the park located near house 34/29 on Revolutionary Avenue. Sculptor - A. Pliev, architect - M. Korolev.
Monument to Alexey Arsentievich Dolgy - Hero of Socialist Labor, General Director of the Podolsk Machine-Building Plant named after S. Ordzhonikidze (1960-1974). He initiated the creation of vocational school No. 27, the first indoor swimming pool in the city; with his active participation, a monument to Podolsk cadets was built in Podolsk and the palace was restored in the Ivanovskoye estate. The monument was erected on October 6, 2012 in the park located on the street. Parkovaya, 7.
Monument to Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy, who passed through Podolsk to Yasnaya Polyana three times. Installed on October 6, 2013 on Kirov Street in front of the building of Sberbank of Russia and Promsberbank (later the location of the monument was named Leo Tolstoy Boulevard). Erected on the 185th anniversary of the writer. There is an inscription on the pedestal: “A person is like a fraction, the numerator is what he is, and the denominator is what he thinks about himself. The larger the denominator, the smaller the fraction." Sculptor - Rozhnikov A. A.
Sculptural composition to the holy faithful, Orthodox patrons of the family “Peter and Fevronia”. It was installed in the Newlyweds Square opposite the city registry office in the fall of 2013 - on the eve of the 232nd anniversary of Podolsk. The sculptor is S. V. Rezepov, who donated the composition to the city.
Sculptural composition “Goldfish”. It was installed on the Khudozhestvennaya Embankment in the fall of 2013 - on the eve of the 232nd anniversary of Podolsk. The sculptor is S. V. Rezepov, who donated the composition to the city.
Monument to Podol residents-liquidators of man-made disasters - erected on September 3, 2004. The author of the sculpture is Viktor Mikhailov.
Monument to M. Yu. Lermontov on Silikatnaya - Opened on October 5, 2014 on the territory of school No. 33. Author - Sergey Rezepov. The sculpture is made in bronze.
Monument to M. Yu. Lermontov in the Central Park of Culture and Culture named after. Talalikhin - Opened on September 12, 2015 on the territory of the Central Park of Culture and Culture named after. Talalikhina. The author of the sculpture is Ivan Korzhev.
Monument to Vasily Vasilyevich Stekolnikov - Hero of Socialist Labor, director of the Gidropress Design Bureau. Opened on December 21, 2016 in the park on Stekolnikov Street.
Monument to Evgeny Efimovich Karelov - film director and screenwriter. Opened on November 5, 2016 on Leningradskaya Street. Sculptor - Alexander Rozhnikov.
Monument to Vasily Polenov, a famous Russian artist. Opened in October 2017 in the Dubrava park in the Klimovsk microdistrict. The bronze sculptural composition, which represents the figure of the artist in front of a through frame on an easel in the company of a small cat and dog, was made by the Honored Artist of the Russian Federation, sculptor Alexander Rozhnikov and architect Mikhail Tikhomirov.


What to do


1  Museum of Professional Education  , Parkovaya St., 1 (Ivanovskoye Estate). ☎ +7 (4967) 54-71-04. Temporarily closed. Located in the buildings of the Ivanovskoye estate, where five exhibitions are presented. The exhibition “History of Vocational Education in Russia in the 18th-21st Centuries” is dedicated to the formation of vocational education in Russia; it includes a memorial office of the founder of the Soviet school of pedagogy of vocational education, Sergei Yakovlevich Batyshev. The exhibition “Folk Art Crafts of Russia” presents examples of the country’s folk art, including exhibits of crafts from the Podolsk district: Shchapovsky and Vasyuninsky lace, Babensky toys, Klenovsky felt hats. The third and fourth exhibitions are “Owners of the Ivanovskoye Estate” and “Husbands of Worthy Names. Count A.A. Zakrevsky" are dedicated to the main owners of the estate - Tolstoy, Zakrevsky and Bakhrushin. They include the estate's fireplace room, recreated in the traditions of 18th-century classicism. The fifth exhibition, “Theater in the Ivanovskoye Estate,” located in the left wing of the estate, presents examples of the history of theatrical art, including from the estate theater, one of the very first in the Moscow region. It is also worth looking into the tea pavilion of the estate - where there is a biological museum with stuffed animals typical of the Moscow region. Since the end of 2021, the Vocational Education Museum has been closed; the Ivanovskoye estate is under renovation.
2  Museum of Local Lore (Public Places Building)  , Sovetskaya Square, 7. ☎ +7 (4967) 55-92-34. Tue–Sun 10:00–18:00. 100 rub. Located in the building of the former Government Offices - the very first stone civil building of the city, built in the traditions of classicism in the 1820s. Near the museum building there is a monument to the Singer sewing machine, one of the industrial symbols of Podolsk. The sculpture of a sewing machine stands on a map of the Podolsk district, decorated with bas-reliefs telling about different eras of the city’s history. The Podolsk Meridian exhibition, which occupies 7 halls, presents artifacts of the main historical milestones in the formation of the city, among which stand out: the era of the extraction of white stone - calcareous tuff in the 16th-18th centuries, the formation of the Singer sewing machine plant and an exhibition dedicated to military events - the Tarutino maneuver Russian army in 1812, the feat of Podolsk cadets in the battle for Moscow, the construction of the Podolsky Worker armored train at the Ordzhonikidze plant. The museum also conducts sightseeing walking tours of the city.
3  Museum-reserve “Podolie” (House-Museum of V.I. Lenin)  , Lenin Ave., 47. ☎ +7 (4967) 69-92-39. Tue–Sun 9:00–18:00. 250 rub. Located in a green corner on the left bank of the Pakhra, along modern Lenin Avenue. Here in the house of teacher V.P. Kedrova on the former Serpukhovskaya Street from May 1898 to October 1901, the Ulyanov family rented an apartment. Lenin himself repeatedly wrote letters to the address of Kedrova’s house - some of them are presented in the museum’s exhibition. The future leader of the world proletariat was here twice: from June 1 to June 7, 1900, and on July 10, 1900, from where he went abroad from the Podolsk station. It is believed that during Lenin’s stay in Podolsk, he came up with the idea of ​​creating Iskra, the political newspaper of the RSDLP. In 1937, the House-Museum of V.I. was opened here. Lenin, which helped preserve the appearance of the house at the end of the 19th century and original things of that era. In 1991, the museum was renamed “Podolia”, its exhibitions were expanded from Lenin to a description of the historical environment of the former village of Podol. Now the museum complex includes several surviving examples of the wooden civil buildings of the city from the late 19th century. The buildings feature three main exhibitions: “V.I. Lenin and the Ulyanov family in Podolsk" in the Kedrova house, "House of Morozov townspeople of the 19th century" and "Historical traditions of generations." Temporary exhibitions and concerts are also held.
4  Exhibition hall, Lenin Ave., 113/62. ☎ +7 (4967) 63-01-54. 10:00–18:00. 100-300 rub. Two permanent exhibitions are presented: “We must remember this!” about the life of the city during the Great Patriotic War, and an exhibition of archaeological finds “On the Oka Borders of Ancient Rus'” from the 9th to the 14th centuries. There are also temporary exhibitions of painting, sculpture and other works of art and master classes of folk crafts. In the showroom you can buy paintings by local artists and souvenirs.



5  Park of Culture and Leisure named after V.V. Talalikhina. 7:00–23:00. The central city park with attractions, a Ferris wheel, walking alleys and modern areas for active recreation, stretching for 1.5 km along the right bank of the Pakhra River. It was laid out in the middle of the 19th century on the initiative of the owner of the Ivanovskoye estate, Count A. Zakrevsky, and in 1896 it became a citywide one. After the revolution, nationalized dachas were added to the park, which increased its territory to the current 28 hectares. In the post-war period, the park received the name of the hero pilot V.V. Talalikhin, and a bronze bust was installed at the entrance. In 2015, a monument to M.Yu. was erected in the central part of the park. Lermontov: the poet is depicted sitting in a burka draped over his shoulders, and the words of his poem “Confession” are carved on a nearby stele.
6  Victory Park named after Talalikhin in Kuznechiki. Another park named after Victor Talalikhin is located on the southwestern outskirts of the city, in the Kuznechiki microdistrict. At the highest point of the park, above a steep cliff near the Mocha River, there is a monument to the pilot. Near this place, on the night of August 7, 1941, Talalikhin carried out the most famous night ram in the history of the war on an I-16 attack aircraft. The sculptural composition “Night Ram” is dedicated to this feat. The park also features a small exhibition of military equipment: a T-55 tank and three artillery pieces.
7  Victory Park near the Ordzhonikidze plant (ZiO). A landscaped park rich in greenery in the industrial part of the city, next to the largest plant in Podolsk. In the center of the park there is a granite monument to the factory workers who died during the Great Patriotic War and an eternal flame is lit. Near the park you can see the ZiO cultural center and several residential buildings built in the constructivist style in the late 1920s and early 1930s.
8  Dubki Forest Park. A large forest park adjacent to the Vityaz Ice Palace. A curious area of the man-made forest is the Red Oak, which plays with bright colors in autumn. In the center of the park is the so-called “Mouse Field”, a good place for walking and playing sports in the fresh air. In the depths of the park behind this field there is a small pond with white water lilies and a single spreading willow.
9  Forest Park “Yolochki”. Large pine forest near the Kutuzovskaya platform. In the forest park there is a huge pillar-monument with a steel figure of the Archangel Michael at the top, dedicated to the commander M.I. Kutuzov, who stood here with the army in 1812.
10  Beryozki Forest Park. A small birch forest in the central part of Podolsk. Here you can see the powder magazine building from the 1920s, which was once approached by a narrow gauge railway.



11  House of Culture named after Lepse  , Revolutionary Ave., 27. ☎ +7 (4967) 63-04-55. 8:00–20:00. The oldest house of culture in Podolsk, built in 1930 in the constructivist style according to the design of the architect I.A. Ivanova-Shitsa. Located on Glory Square and is a significant architectural monument of the city. Nowadays exhibitions and concerts are held here, and the theater-studio “White Mask” operates here.
12  Podolsk Drama Theater (PDK Drama)  , st. Zheleznodorozhnaya, 20A. ☎ +7 (4967) 68-91-52. 1000 rub. It is located near the Podolsk station, in the building of the former Metallurg cultural center. Adult and children's performances on various topics.
13  Palace of Culture “October”  , st. Sverdlova, 38. ☎ +7 (4967) 54-74-01. 14:00–19:00. The central city house of culture, built by the Podolsk Electromechanical Plant in 1975, is the main concert hall of Podolsk. The palace building houses another city theater – “Evening Bell”. The interiors feature a large mosaic panel dedicated to the events of the October Revolution with an image of Lenin in the center. Opposite the Palace of Culture, on General Eremeev Square, there is a dry fountain and a memorial to the soldiers-factory workers of the electromechanical plant, which is an allegory of a raised sword, with a blade in the form of a steel stele, and a hilt with a granite base.
14  Karl Marx House of Culture, st. Bolshaya Zelenovskaya, 50. 8:00–22:00. A house of culture with local events, but travelers can see here a bronze sculpture of Dionysus, the Greek god of wine, by the famous French sculptor Charles Despio. This work of monumental art was won at cards by the manager of the Podolsk cement plant, and after long trips to dachas and parks, it was placed in the interiors of the local cultural center. During working hours, employees do not refuse tourists to view this extraordinary sculpture for Podolsk.
15  Cultural and educational center “Dubrovitsy”, village. Dubrovitsy, 65A. ☎ +7 (4967) 65-13-04. 9:00–22:00. A cultural center next to the Dubrovitsy estate, where you can attend concerts and theater events of various levels at attractive prices. There is an organ made in Germany, made using French technology of the 19th century, where organ concerts are regularly held.
16  Ice Palace “Vityaz”  , st. Kirova, 63A (stop "Square of Podolsk Cadets"). ☎ +7 (4967) 65-40-34. 7:00–23:00. The central sports facility of the city, the former home arena of the Vityaz hockey club, which plays in the KHL. The arena hosts public skating, usually in the evening. In 2000, a sculpture of a Russian knight on a horse was installed at the entrance to the building.
17  Equestrian club “Favorite”, Varshavskoye sh., 1. ☎ . +7 (906) 700-50-84. 10:00–19:00. Municipal children's and youth sports school for equestrian sports. Horse riding classes are held, and phaeton rides are also offered around the club’s territory and outside in the Dubki forest park. On the territory of the complex there is a restaurant “Favorit”, focused on banquet events.
18  Bath complex “Alekseev” (Alekseev Baths), st. Generala Smirnova, 1, building 1. ☎ +7 (495) 150-07-75. Wed–Mon 9:00–23:00, Tue 15:00–23:00. from 2500 rub. in 3 hours. Modern public bath complex, opened in 2017. The façade and interiors are designed in the style of mixed palace architecture of the 18th-20th centuries. using natural materials. Divided into men's and women's categories, there is a restaurant and a wide range of bath services. The men's steam room is a two-story space, accommodates up to 100 people and positions itself as “the largest steam room in Russia.”



How to get there

By plane
Ostafyevo Airport is located 12 km from Podolsk, but there is no regular passenger service here. At most, Gazprom rotational flights sometimes fly from here to the Arctic region and back. All information about the date and cost of these flights can only be found on the display in the airport terminal building, where you most likely will not be allowed in just like that. Therefore, it is better to get to Podolsk by plane through Moscow airports; the closest ones will be Domodedovo and Vnukovo. But you can only get there from there by taxi or with a transfer in the capital.

By train
The most convenient and fastest way to get to Podolsk is by train: MCD trains run here through Moscow every 10-15 minutes, starting from Krasnogorsk, Istra, Volokolamsk and Shakhovskaya. And from the capital's Kursky station, trains run to Serpukhov, Chekhov and Tula.

The most convenient way to get from Moscow is from the Tsaritsyno metro station: from here to Podolsk it is only 25 minutes, and some trains depart from Tsaritsyno without stopping at the center. It is best to use the Troika transport card: in 2023, travel on it (with a free transfer to the metro) will cost 71 rubles.

Long-distance trains, including high-speed Lastochka trains to Orel, Kursk and Belgorod, do not stop in Podolsk. You can board them at Kursky or Vostochny train stations in Moscow, and Lastochki can also be boarded in Serpukhov.

1    Podolsk station, Vokzalnaya sq., 5. The main station of Podolsk is located almost in the center - from here you can take numerous buses and trolleybuses to any part of the city and nearby suburbs. The part of the station on the right in the direction of travel from Moscow leads to the center and public transport stops. Next to the existing new terminal, the historical stone building of the station from 1889 has been preserved (now there are long-distance ticket offices) - designed by the architect N.I. Orlov, the author of the Kursky Station building in Moscow. The old building's plaque commemorates the station's famous passengers, including Lenin and Leo Tolstoy. Opposite the station in the 1960s, a small square was laid out with a stele “Podolsk - a city of the working class” and a sculpture of a metallurgist who has been greeting and seeing off passengers with his raised hand for more than half a century.
2   Silicate platform. It is located in the northern microdistrict of the city of the same name, where there are no special attractions. From this platform you can take a minibus or bus to the Ostafyevo estate (5 km), but you will have to walk about half a kilometer to the bus stop. If you go along the overpass to the eastern side of the platform, then here, 5 km from the station, are the remains of the Pleshcheyevo estate.
3  Platform Kutuzovskaya. Located in the southern part of Podolsk, there are no attractions or special infrastructure here. But you can look at the new St. George Church, an example of modern wooden church architecture.

By bus
Buses run to Podolsk every 20-30 minutes from the southern stations of the Moscow metro, travel time is 45-50 minutes (without traffic jams). Payment options may vary on different routes, so it is better to have a contactless bank card and cash with you. Instead of a bank card, you can also use the Strelka transport card located near Moscow.

From the metro station Dmitry Donskoy Boulevard - routes 516K or 520K.

From the Lesoparkovaya metro station there are routes 406K, 410, 413, while from Podolsk these buses only go to the Annino station.

From the Annino metro station - minibus 1231K, goes along the Simferopol highway (M2 highway) faster than other buses.

In addition to Moscow, Podolsk is connected by frequent bus services to the cities of Domodedovo, Vidnoye, Chekhov, as well as Troitsky and Shcherbinka.

4  Bus station, Vokzalnaya Square, 2 (next to the Podolsk railway station). The main bus station of the city with a waiting room and many platforms for bus departures. Located on the right side of the Podolsk railway station along the route from Moscow. If you walk through the underground passage of the railway station, you can get to the second part of the bus station, which is called the “Stroyindustry” stop, from here buses depart towards the cities of Domodedovo and Vidnoye.

By car
1 km east of Podolsk there is the M2 “Crimea” highway towards Tula (Simferopol highway). The Old Warsaw Highway A130 runs through the very center of the city towards Kaluga, but there are many traffic lights and there are often traffic jams. On Lenin Square, the Old Simferopol Highway branches off from the Warsaw Highway towards Chekhov and Serpukhov. Street parking in the city is free.



You can get around the center of Podolsk on foot, but in order to see the sights on the outskirts, it is better to use public transport. City transport is represented by buses and trolleybuses. The easiest way to find the desired route is at the Podolsk railway station, from where buses depart to all parts of the city and the countryside of the former Podolsk region.

Paying for travel in cash on buses in the Moscow region is prohibited; contactless bank cards or the regional Strelka transport card are used. But on some private routes (most often passing through the territory of New Moscow) they still only accept cash.

Taxi aggregators from Yandex and Citymobil operate in the city, the average price of a trip (2023): 150 - 300 rubles. You can also use Moscow car sharing services in Podolsk, but cars may not be available on the outskirts of the city.



It is difficult to find souvenirs and even ordinary magnets in the city. If you really need it, you can go to the showroom store in the Exhibition Hall, where they sell paintings with views of the city and a small assortment of simple magnets. Magnets and other souvenirs from the Dubrovitsy estate can be bought at the Znamenskaya Church.

1  Central city market, st. Komsomolskaya, 3. 9:00–19:00. The main city bazaar is located near the station. The central building was built in 1978 according to a standard Giprotorg design in the spirit of Soviet modernism. The main areas of trade are fruits and vegetables and clothing.
2  Shopping center “Kvarts”, st. Komsomolskaya, 24. 10:00–22:00. A large shopping and entertainment center near the railway station. Perekrestok supermarket, burger joints, sushi, fast food, Vietnamese cafe Grandfather Ho, Silver Cinema cinema.
3  Shopping center “Red Rows”, Lenin Ave., 107. 8:00–21:00. The complex building was built on the site of the historical shopping arcades of Podolsk with elements of pre-revolutionary style. Various goods stores, pizzerias, pubs, karaoke cafe “Vesna”.
4  Branded point of the Podolsk candy factory “Podolchanka”, st. Kirova, 50A. 9:00–21:00. One of the local culinary enterprises is the Podolsk candy factory, founded in 1929. A number of confectionery products are produced, including local fondant-cream sweets “Podolchanka” with a creamy taste and praline sweets from the “Fairy Tale after Fairy Tale” series.
5  Shopping center “Capitol”, st. Bolshaya Serpukhovskaya, 45. 10:00–22:00. Auchan supermarket, fast foods, sushi bars and cafes, Karo cinema.


Restaurant, taverns and where to eat

1  Pizzeria of the Podolsk meat processing plant “Remit”, st. Sovetskaya, 22/49. 9:00–21:00. 300-700 rub. The branded outlet of the Podolsk meat processing plant, famous for its long Kabanos sausages, has good pizza.
2 “Dodo Pizza”, st. Rabochaya, 1. 10:00–23:00. 500-1000 rub. Chain pizzeria in the city center.
✦  “Tasty, period.” 300-700 rub. Fast food restaurant. Former McDonald's.
3   Lenin Ave., 128/24. 7:00–24:00.
4   st. Kirova, 29. 7:00–24:00.
5   st. Leningradskaya, 21. 7:00–24:00.

Average cost
6  “Yakitoria”  , Lenin Ave., 107/49. Sun–Thu 11:00–24:00, Fri–Sat 11:00–2:00. 1500-2000 rub. Japanese cuisine.
7  “Tanuki”  , st. Kirova, 29. ☎ +7 (499) 649-22-23. Sun–Thu 11:00–24:00, Fri–Sat 11:00–6:00. 800-1000 rub. Japanese cuisine.
8  “Hatimaki”  , st. Komsomolskaya, 1. ☎ +7 (495) 120-44-23. 11:00–23:00. 800-1000 rub. Japanese cuisine.
9  Restaurant “Old Castle”, st. Kirova, 84. ☎ +7 (4967) 64-10-57. Sun–Thu 12:00–24:00, Fri–Sat 12:00–2:00. 1000-1500 rub. Georgian cuisine.
10  Restaurant “Russian Tea”  , st. Sverdlova, 36V. ☎ +7 (4967) 54-41-39. Sun–Thu 10:00–24:00, Fri–Sat 10:00–2:00. 1000-1500 rub. Russian, European and Caucasian cuisine.

11  Restaurant “Otdykh”  , st. Governor General Zakrevsky, 1. ☎ +7 (4967) 54-60-30. 12:00–24:00. 1000-1500 rub. Russian, Asian, American cuisine.
12  Restaurant “RIO-Grand”  , st. Bolshaya Serpukhovskaya, 23. ☎ +7 (977) 647-70-15. Sun–Thu 11:00–1:00, Fri–Sat 11:00–6:00. 1500-2000 rub. Bar-restaurant, Russian and European cuisine, sports bar, night club.
13  Restaurant “Orangereya”, st. Kirova, 60V. ☎ +7 (906) 051-68-85. Sun–Thu 12:00–24:00, Fri–Sat 12:00–2:00. 500-1500 rub. European cuisine.



1  Night club “Podmoskovye”, st. Klement Gottwald, 1/42. ☎ +7 (4967) 55-50-55. Fri–Sat 20:00–6:00. Bar and karaoke club with dance floor.
2  Club “Castle Ivanhoe”, highway M-2 Crimea, 41st kilometer, 1. ☎ +7 (495) 598-57-07. Country night club and restaurant.
3  Entertaining club “Treasure Island”, st. Leningradskaya, 7. ✉ ☎ +7 (965) 292-88-88. 12:00–2:00. Nightclub with karaoke, billiard room and bowling alley.
4  Billiard room “American”, Lenin Ave., 89/18. ☎ +7 (4967) 69-56-85. 18:00–1:30. Billiard room, hookahs, dance floor.



1  Hostel, st. Zheleznodorozhnaya, 2A. ☎ +7 (903) 615-13-38. from 300 rub. for a bed. The most budget-friendly way to stay in the city, the conditions are appropriate. The hostel is located near the train station, in the industrial zone of the Ordzhonikidze plant. Used mainly by workers of the plant and surrounding enterprises.
2  Hotel “Olympic”, st. 2nd Pilotnaya, 29. ☎ +7 (4967) 52-87-30. from 1,700 rub. for a double room without breakfast. Hotel next to the Ivanovskoye estate.
3  Hotel “Sportivnaya”, st. Klementa Gottwald, 4, building 2 (on the eastern stand of the Trud stadium). ☎ +7 (4967) 65-57-58. from 1,800 rub. for a double room. One of the most budget options with fairly decent private rooms. From the western stand you pass through the main gate, then you need to go around the stadium; the passage is open 24 hours a day. Access is from the eastern stand; the entrance to the hotel is closed from this side from 21:00 pm to 7:00 am. Parking is paid, free parking may be busy. There is a dining room and direct access to the Trud stadium field.

Average cost
4  Hotel “Triumph”, st. Kirova, 39B. ☎ +7 (926) 187-03-03. from 2,400 rub. for a double room. A small hotel near the monument to Podolsk cadets, there is a restaurant and a bathhouse.
5  Hotel “House of Scientists”, st. Bolshaya Serpukhovskaya, 100. ☎ +7 (964) 776-53-21. from 2,600 rub. for a double room. Guest house next to the Kutuzovskaya platform. There is private parking in the courtyard.
6  Mini-hotel “Lemeshovo” (Hotel “Relax”), Krasnogvardeisky Blvd., 48B. ☎ +7 (4967) 64-24-44. from 2,300 rub. for a double room. A small hotel on the outskirts of the city, not far from the Dubrovitsy estate. Nearby there is a cafe, a paintball club and a bathhouse.

7  Hotel “Grin”, st. Fedorova, 19. ☎ +7 (495) 926-23-94. from 2,800 rub. for a single room, 3300 rub. for a double standard. A hotel in the historical part of the city on the Pakhra embankment in the restored buildings of the merchant Tolkushev’s cinema. There is internal parking, and the rooms have views of the river and the Resurrection Church.
8  Hotel “Moscow Region-Podolsk”  , st. Klement Gottwald, 1/42. ☎ +7 (496) 755-91-25. from 2,900 rub. for a single room, from RUB 3,300. for a double room. The largest hotel in the city, built in 1973. There is a restaurant and a 24-hour cafe, parking, and free Wi-Fi.
9  Resort “Erino”  , village. Erino, microdistrict Sanatorium, 1, building 5. ☎ +7 (495) 320-77-10. from 5300 rub. for a double standard. A sanatorium in a pine forest on the banks of the Desna River, 7 km from the Ostafyevo estate. Discovered in 1961 at a mineral water deposit. Here, in a closed area, there are three residential buildings that accept both guests and vacationers under treatment programs. The main highlight of the sanatorium is a heated swimming pool with sea water and a pump room with mineral water “Erinskaya”. Within walking distance from the sanatorium is the white stone Church of the Intercession, an architectural monument of the early 18th century.



The city has stable communications from all federal mobile operators, and the Internet level is 4G. Almost all hotels and cafes have Wi-Fi, and it is also available in all electric trains in the Kursk direction.

Post office No. 142100, Lenin Ave., 109/61. ☎ +7 (4967) 63-73-05. Mon–Fri 8:00–21:00, Sat–Sun 9:00–18:00. The central post office is next to the Local History Museum.



Since it is one of the most industrial cities in the Moscow region, there are many working class people who like to drink at night. There are street conflicts with shooting. Therefore, in the dark, it is better to avoid drunk companies, especially on the outskirts. The city is safe during the day.


Around town


1  Museum-reserve “Ostafyevo” (“Russian Parnassus”)  , p. Ostafyevo, Troitskaya St., 1A. ☎ +7 (495) 867-83-60. The park is open daily 8:00–23:00. The museum is open Tue–Sun 10:00–18:00. Entrance to the park – 100 rubles. Visit to the estate museum – 300 rubles. One of the most famous noble estates in the Near Moscow region belonged to the Vyazemsky family since the end of the 17th century. The estate palace was built in the classicist style at the same time, by order of Prince Andrei Ivanovich Vyazemsky. His house, nicknamed among his contemporaries “the center of life and all the pleasures of an enlightened society,” attracted many literary and artistic figures. I.I. often visited the estate. Dmitriev, V.A. Zhukovsky, V.L. Pushkin, Yu.A. Neledinsky-Meletsky, and historian N.M. Karamzin lived with Vyazemsky for almost 12 years, during which he wrote a significant part of the “History of the Russian State.” In the first half of the 19th century, the estate passed to the prince’s son, Pyotr Andreevich, a poet and publicist, who continued his father’s work by organizing the largest literary circle in the vicinity of Moscow, where key figures of Russian poetry and prose of the Golden Age gathered. Guests of the princely estate were A.I. Turgenev, A.S. Pushkin, K.N. Batyushkov, A.S. Griboyedov, D.V. Davydov, V.L. Pushkin, A. Mitskevich, N.V. Gogol and many others. With the name A.S. Pushkin is associated with a legend about the name of the estate: as if Vyazemsky, having invited the poet to visit, decided to name the estate with the first word that he uttered. When Pushkin finally arrived and began to get out of the carriage, the servant asked him what to do with the luggage. Pushkin replied: “Leave him, brother,” and Vyazemsky had to name the estate that way. In fact, at the suggestion of Pushkin, the estate received its second, “literary name” - Russian Parnassus. By the end of the 19th century, maintaining the huge house and surrounding land became difficult for the princes, and in 1898 it was sold to Count Sergei Dmitrievich Sheremetev, a historian and academician. On his initiative, in 1899, the year of the centenary of Pushkin’s birth, a public museum of the poet was opened in the estate. This museum functioned until 1930, after which it was liquidated, and the collection was distributed to other cultural institutions. Subsequently, the building was occupied by a rest house, which passed from hand to hand from one department to another. Only in 1988, within the walls of the former estate, the Pushkin Museum was reopened, which is still functioning. Of the estate's buildings, the most interesting are the main house with open colonnaded galleries and two outbuildings, a park with a cascade of ponds and a gazebo in which Pushkin loved to relax. Monuments of the early 20th century by P.A. have been preserved. Vyazemsky, V.I. Zhukovsky, N.M. Karamzin, A.S. Pushkin and P.P. Vyazemsky. Near the estate there are also the Trinity Church built in 1781 and the cloth factory of the mid-17th century of the industrialist Kozma Matveev, the owner of the Ostafevsky estate even before the Vyazemskys.
The easiest way to get here is by bus 1045 or 509 from Shcherbinka station. If you go by car, you should not leave the car at the main checkpoint, where parking is prohibited and there is a tow truck, but you should go around the estate on the left and park behind the school building at the second checkpoint.
2  Estate and factory of merchant Baskakov, village. Factories named after May 1st, Baskakovskaya street (1 km from the Ostafyevo estate). The red-brick factory complex and its buildings are the only well-preserved pre-revolutionary industrial facility in the former Podolsk region. Located in the village of 1st May, on the banks of the Desna River. On the right bank are the buildings of the English worsted factory, and on the left bank are the manor sub-rows. Both sides of the river are connected by a bridge on an ancient dam from the early 19th century. Until recently, the wooden manor house of the merchant Baskakov remained, but was demolished as unsafe. An empire-style colonnade has survived from the building, which is now gradually being destroyed.



3  Estate “Alexandrovo-Shchapovo”, village. Shchapovo, 15. ☎ +7 (999) 773-31-90. Museum Tue–Sun 9:30–17:30. The park is accessible to visitors around the clock and free of charge. Museum 100 rub. A lesser-known but well-preserved manor complex 12 km from the center of Podolsk. Initially, the estate was owned by the Grushetsky family, with them the 4th Assumption Church was built in 1779 and a regular English park with a cascade of ponds was laid out. In the 19th century, the estate often changed owners and was in disrepair until it was acquired by the famous industrialist and philanthropist Ilya Petrovich Shchapov in 1889. On his initiative, an agricultural school for peasant children, an almshouse at the church and a lace school for girls were built; all these buildings have survived to this day in varying degrees of preservation. The village even developed its own style of weaving - the so-called “Alexandrovsky lace”, which can be seen in the exhibition of the estate museum. At the end of the 19th century, the main house of the estate was built, a striking example of the Russian style. The architect of the building has not been fully identified, but the project is actively attributed to Fyodor Shekhtel. The most interesting detail of the building is the carved wooden decoration of the walls and balcony. After the death of Ilya Petrovich, the estate passed to a relative, design engineer Nikolai Mikhailovich Shchapov. After the revolution, despite the nationalization policy of the Soviet government, he managed to keep the manager’s house in his hands; the Shchapovs’ descendants still live in the estate. Nowadays, in the building of the former agricultural school there is a museum of the history of the estate, with four exhibitions: the history of the Shchapov family, the history of the estate, the hall of the noble living room and the hall of peasant life. In addition to the museum, the same building houses another iconic place – the Shchapovsky Organ Hall, created in 1989. Classical music concerts are held regularly. It is also worth noting the authentic servants' house of the estate with a log mezzanine and a brick blacksmith's and carriage house.
You can get here by bus 1034 or c924 from Podolsk station.
5  Trinity Church, p. Oznobishino, 53. The beautiful Church of the Life-Giving Trinity in the village of Oznobishino was built in the mid-19th century according to the design of the Russian architect, master of the brick style, Nikolai Ivanovich Finisov. In 1911, a high bell tower was added to the church. The church is located on a hill near a small cascade of ponds, next to there is a source of spring water. In the cemetery behind the church, ancient tombstones from the 18th-19th centuries have been preserved, as well as clearly visible burial mounds of the Vyatichi people of the 11th-13th centuries.



6  Estate “Polivanovo”. A well-preserved manor complex from the era of the Golden Age of Russian nobility. The estate itself belonged to the Razumovsky family. The main house was built around 1780 by the owner, Count Kirill Razumovsky. In the 19th century, the estate changed owners several times, and after the revolution, medical and sanatorium institutions were located in the building. Currently, the territory is in the hands of the regional Psychiatric Hospital, however, unlike other former estates used for this kind of organization, the hospital does not prevent free access to the territory, with the exception of the interiors of the main house. The manor house is an unusual building with cylindrical corner “castle” towers. Also interesting is the recently restored church of the late 18th century in the style of early classicism. The outbuilding and the priest's house still survived, but they were rebuilt beyond recognition, and the manor park was completely wild.
Bus 1034 runs here from Podolsk station.



The area of the Pleshcheyevo estate in the village of the Cement Plant (Tsemyanka), a north-eastern microdistrict of Podolsk, separated from the main part of the city by a river and a railway. You can get here from the Podolsk station by bus No. 1 to the final stop “Cement Plant” or walk 5 km from the Silikatnaya station.

7  Estate N.F. von Meck "Pleshcheyevo", st. Pleshcheevskaya, 51. A former noble estate, on the left bank of the Pakhra, owned since 1882 by the philanthropist and music connoisseur Nadezhda Filaretovna von Meck. The most famous guest of the estate was P.I. Tchaikovsky, to whom von Meck provided significant financial support over the years. The famous composer lived in Pleshcheyevo in 1884, finishing his “concert fantasy” here. In Soviet times, the estate was plundered; now the main house in the classicist style, an outbuilding, and a pair of entrance stone obelisks in front of the wild park have been preserved in a greatly distorted form. Most fortunate was the outbuilding, rebuilt in 1992 as a church, which retained its neo-Gothic façade from the early 19th century. Next to the estate there is a modern park, from where you can go down to the long suspension bridge over the Pakhra River, behind which is the village of Strelkovo with the St. Nicholas Church of the early 18th century.
In addition to the dilapidated estate, architecture connoisseurs may be interested in the village of the plant itself, which has been producing cement since the second half of the 19th century. Here, along Pleshcheevskaya Street, a Soviet constructivist workers' settlement has been preserved. The most interesting building is a two-story mansion at 4 Bannaya Street with characteristic cubic shapes, ribbon-like driveways and two square turrets. The neighboring buildings are simpler in shape, but also built in gray brick and form a single ensemble. On Pleshcheevskaya Street, the constructivist House of Culture "Pleshcheyevo" attracts attention, where during the war the women's sniper school was located. From the pre-revolutionary industrial architecture, the austere gray-brick water tower of the cement plant in the west of the village has been preserved.

8  Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker in Strelkovo, village Strelkovo, 1B. ☎ +7 (991) 311-94-24. The stone temple in the Moscow Baroque style was erected in 1702-1705 on the site of a wooden church of the 17th century, in which, according to legend, a carved icon of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker, which, according to legend, sailed to Strelkovo along the Pakhra River, was kept. The temple was badly damaged during Soviet times; the miraculous icon and historical interiors were not preserved. In the 2000s, the church was restored, but with a violation of proportions and with paintings uncharacteristic of the original. Now the temple is operational, in 2023 its new restoration began.
9  Church of the Intercession , village of Intercession, Zaovrazhnaya st., 2. The modern Church of the Intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary was built for almost a quarter of a century, from 1845 to 1872, and is an example of the Russian-Byzantine style. In general, the church would not stand out from similar temple buildings if, during restoration in the early 2000s, it had not been painted sky blue, which is pleasantly pleasing to the eye on a clear sunny day.



A settlement within New Moscow (10 km north of Podolsk), which was an independent city until 2012. The name comes from the surname of the princely family of the Shcherbatovs, who owned these lands in the 15th century. In 1895, the Shcherbinka railway station was opened here, and during Soviet times, industry began to actively develop. In 1943, the Shcherbinsky Elevator Plant began operating, producing every fourth elevator in Russia. After Shcherbinka was included in New Moscow, it began to be actively built up with new high-rise buildings, and a new station MCD-2 Ostafyevo opened on its southern outskirts.

5  Station  Shcherbinka. Located in the center of Shcherbinka. Near the station there is a railway test ring, a modern temple of the “Vsetsaritsa” icon and the Elizabethan Church of 2001. And by bus 1045 or 509 you can get to the Ostafyevo estate.
6  Platform Ostafyevo. A new Moscow Central Diameter platform, built for the future, between two large industrial zones. Despite the name, there is no public transport from here to the Ostafyevo estate, and the distance on foot is just over 5 km. At the same time, this is the closest railway station to Troitsk, where you can get there in an hour along the new highway by electric bus.
10  Experimental ring railway VNIIZHT. It was built in 1932 as a road for field testing of railway transport at the All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Railway Transport (VNIIZHT). Exhibitions and demonstration trips are periodically held, for example on Railway Day. Until 2021, the international exhibition Expo 1520 was held here every two years, but in 2023 it was held in St. Petersburg. During events here you can see and ride both the most modern models of railway transport and retro steam locomotives. In the interior, it is worth paying attention to the model L steam locomotive monument and the fake station station, built in the style of wooden architecture of the late 20s - early 30s. Outside exhibitions and events, the area may not be accessible to visitors!
11  Temple of the Icon of the Mother of God “The Sign” in Zakharyin, st. Nikolay Sirotkina, 28A, building 1. Erected in stone in 1672 on the territory of the Zakharyino estate by Prince G.G. Romodanovsky. In 1898, the church was rebuilt in the Russian style according to the design of the architect Alexander Kaminsky. In addition to the temple, the remains of a linden park with ponds, as well as a 19th-century church fence and a parish school building from 1883, have survived from the estate to this day.
12  House-museum of Academician V.K. Milovanov and Professor I.I. Sokolovskoy, village. Bykovo, st. Lesnaya, 1. ☎ +7 (4967) 67-69-40. Tue–Sun 10:00–18:00. A small thematic museum in the house of physiologists Viktor Konstantinovich Milovanov and Irina Ivanovna Sokolovskaya, researchers of the problem of artificial insemination of farm animals. Around the house is a broken V.K. Milovanov Park of rare species of trees and shrubs.



The Southern microdistrict of Podolsk, which was an independent city until 2015. Historically, Klimovsk arose from two villages near the Moscow-Kursk railway - Klimovka and Grivno. At the end of the 19th century, the industrialist Krestovnikov built a machine-building plant at the Grivno railway station - from that moment the rapid growth of Klimovsk began. In Soviet times, the defense industry was also added to mechanical engineering - ammunition and artillery production, which led to a certain closedness of the city in those years. Nowadays, small but cozy Klimovsk does not spoil the traveler with ancient monuments, but some Soviet and modern attractions can be found here. Modern Klimovsk is divided into two large parts by the railway, there are several stations.

7  Grivno station. Located in the center of Klimovsk, where you can see buildings in the style of constructivism and the Stalinist Empire style, nearby is the Dubrava park. By bus from here you can get to the center of Podolsk and the village of Sertyakino with the interesting Church of the Resurrection of the Slovuschego from 1753 and a monument to the village native admiral and hydrographer A.I. Nagaev.
8  Spring platform. Located between Klimovsk and the main part of Podolsk. On foot here you can look at examples of Stalinist architecture on Zavodskaya Street, and by bus you can get to the village of Koledino, where the Trinity Church of the early 19th century is located.
To the west of the Grivno Station along Lenin Street one can find typical Stalinist buildings of the 1950s, among which the pre-war house No. 16 with constructivist strip glazing of the windows stands out. On the central square of Klimovsk, together with the monument to Lenin, is located the building 13 of the Mashinostroitel cultural center, with a balcony on the opposite side reminiscent of a noble estate. This is the only reminder of the fountain cascade with sculpture from the Stalin era, which was even once called “Klimovsky Peterhof”, and which has now been completely lost. On the other side of the square, the constructivist heritage of the city has been preserved - two communal houses of the Podolsk housing cooperative (houses on Lenin Street, 22 and 30). On the façade of house 22, the attribution of the cooperative in the form of the letters PZhK, made in an avant-garde font of the late 20s, has been preserved. Along Pobeda Street to the west of Lenin Square there is a city park of culture and recreation "Dubrava", on the picturesque bank of the wide flood of the Petritsa River. The 14th monument to the artist Vasily Polenov was recently installed in the park.

East of Grivno station there are two sites that may be of interest to history buffs. The first is the cab driver Muravyov's teahouse, the only surviving private pre-revolutionary brick house. Located five hundred meters east of the station, on Vokzalnaya Street, 17. The second is an ensemble of post-war buildings on Zavodskaya Street. The most prominent buildings here are Nos. 6 and 7, which form a kind of gate with their side facades, between which the street road passes. Also interesting is the House of Culture named after May 1st (Zavodskaya, 3), laid out in the proportions of constructivism, but later “rethought” in a non-classical style. Also in this part of Klimovsk there is a local history museum.

15  Klimovsky Museum of History and Local Lore  , 50 Let Oktyabrya Ave., 24A. ☎ +7 (4967) 62-80-04. Tue–Sun 10:00–17:30. The exhibition is located in three halls: the first hall is dedicated to the industrial history of Klimovsk, the second hall shows local history artifacts of the late 19th - early 20th centuries, the third is the Hall of Military Glory. Temporary exhibitions, thematic excursions and lectures are also held.
16  Estate “Sertyakino”. The ancestral patrimony of the local nobles Nagaevs. The most famous representative of the family is considered to be Alexey Ivanovich Nagaev, a cartographer and admiral of the Russian fleet of the era of Catherine II. A participant in Arctic expeditions, Nagaev made a huge contribution to the development of domestic cartography. In 2006, a monument-column was erected in the village of the admiral. From the estate itself, the eclectic brick Church of the Resurrection of the Word with white stone details, built in 1858, has been preserved, as well as the parish school of the late 19th century in brick style.


Forest glades

The area east of Lvovskaya station, where several nearby objects are located. You can get here from Podolsk station by buses 33, 67, 71. From Lvovskaya you can take a taxi.

9  Lvovskaya station. It is located just south of Klimovsk in the village of the same name. Lvovsky is a small village near a metallurgical plant, in the center it has retained the three-story buildings of the 50s. Here you can look at the curious mosaic panel on the walls of the Metallurg cultural center and at the monument-tractor U-2 opposite the building of the agricultural school.
17  Estate “Vorobyovo” (“Stolbovoe”), village of Lesnye Polyany. It is an example of Russian noble estates of the late 18th century. The manor house in the style of early classicism with a Palladian motif was built in the late 1780s under Rostislav Evgrafovich Tatishchev. In the 19th century, the estate belonged first to the Vyazemskys and then to the Ershovs. Under the Ershovs, a modern ensemble of the estate was formed. After the revolution, a departmental sanatorium was located in the estate. At the moment, you can freely enter the estate park through the checkpoint of the Lesnye Polyany holiday home; you cannot only see the interiors of the building. Among the architectural monuments, the main house with pavilions, the manor church built in 1848 and the chapel have been preserved.
18  Slavic Kremlin by Vitaly Sundakov , 35th km of the Simferopol highway, near the village of Valishchevo. ☎ +7 (985) 449-22-43. The ethnocultural park-museum, founded by traveler and ethnographer Vitaly Sundakov, is dedicated to the history and culture of pre-Christian Rus' and the Slavic ethnic group. It is a modern complex of wooden buildings, stylized as ancient Russian buildings, including a princely tower and a Slavic temple. Among the reconstructions there are also original historical monuments - a mill from the mid-19th century from the Vyatka province, and a North Russian hut from the end of the 19th century. Visiting is only possible during events that are quite regular, but it is better to check the schedule on the website. During the events, cultural festivals, master classes, games and concerts are held.