Skovorodino, Russia


Skovorodino is a city (since 1927) in Russia, the administrative center of the Skovorodinsky district of the Amur region, as well as the Skovorodinsky urban settlement.

The railway station on the Trans-Siberian Railway, belongs to the Trans-Baikal Railway.



Skovorodinsky Regional Museum named after P. A. Florensky

Skovorodinsky Regional Museum named after P. A. Florensky was founded in September 2004. It bears the name of a Russian religious philosopher, scientist, priest who worked during the years of repression at the Skovorodino permafrost station, one of the first in the world. Pavel Alexandrovich was shot at the Solovetsky camp in 1937 ... Initially, the museum arose on the basis of the museum of the locomotive depot - the first enterprise in the city. Many exhibits donated to the museum tell about the beginning of the construction of the Amur railway, the first of the branches of which was the Reinovskaya. Railway lanterns, tools of labor of railway builders, a stand with LED lamps "The Great Siberian Way" - all these exhibits acquaint visitors with the beginning of the construction of the Trans-Siberian Railway and the Amur Railway. The exposition also includes items from the excavations of the Albazinsky prison of the 17th - 19th centuries, items from museum collections "numismatics". The exposition "Skovorodino permafrost station - the first in the USSR" tells about the work of permafrost scientists. The exposition on the life of migrants presents objects of the late 19th - early 20th century: icons, household items, clothes, tools. Exhibition dedicated to P.A. Florensky, whose name the museum bears, tells about life. In the hall of the history of the region, the natural diversity of the native land is presented: reserves, minerals, flora and fauna.


Oil pipeline Russia - China

The first Russia-China oil pipeline runs from the city of Skovorodino through the border Mohe to Chinese Daqing. The opening took place in 2011. Until that time, Russian oil was delivered to China by rail tank cars. The length of the Russian section is 63.58 km. In November 2010, Alexei Navalny published data on embezzlement in the amount of approximately $ 4 billion, allegedly committed during the construction.


Temple of St. Andrew the First-Called

The parish in honor of the holy Apostle Andrew the First-Called was founded in 1994 by a former military man, priest Andrew. In the same year, the building of the former SES was transferred to the parish. A lot of work has been done to repair the temple building, windows, stoves, roof and to install a new dome.

Memorial Grieving Mother
The Grieving Mother Memorial was opened in 1975. The memorial is dedicated to the memory of all the perished countrymen who did not spare their own lives for the sake of a clear and peaceful sky for future generations. A dark red stele with the inscription GLORY TO THE HEROES rises above this composition! THE FEAT OF THE DEAD FOR THE FREEDOM AND HAPPINESS OF THE PEOPLE IS IMMORTAL.


Monument in honor of the builders of the second railway lines of the Trans-Siberian Railway

A memorial plaque in honor of the builders of the second Trans-Siberian railway was installed on a monument with an old locomotive engine in 2011. For a long time the monument was nameless, not everyone knew in whose honor it was erected. During the construction of the second tracks of the Trans-Siberian Railway, the first power plants began to appear on the Trans-Baikal Mainline, generating electricity using steam locomobiles. Thanks to such first power plants on the Transbaikal road, a new stage of technical re-equipment of enterprises began, and the life of residents of settlements located along the Trans-Siberian Railway improved significantly.


Monument to G. I. Surnin

The bust of the Hero of the Soviet Union Georgy Ivanovich Surnin, a native of these places, was installed in Skovorodino in 1992. During the heroic military operations on the fronts of the Great Patriotic War, he was repeatedly wounded. Funerals were sent home several times, but the soldier continued to fight. For the successful crossing of the Dnieper River, the solid consolidation of the bridgehead on the western bank of the Dnieper River and the courage and heroism shown at the same time, Sergeant Major Surnin Georgy Ivanovich was awarded the title of Hero of the Soviet Union with the Order of Lenin and the Gold Star medal. The war ended in Hungary. He returned to his homeland. Lived in the city of Skovorodino, Amur Region. Died January 18, 1991.


Monument to the Locomotive P36-0091

Steam locomotive P36-0091 was installed on a pedestal in 1989 in honor of the 75th anniversary of the Skovorodino locomotive depot. Built by the Kolomna Plant in 1955. The locomotive was produced by the Kolomna Plant from 1950 to 1956. The steam locomotive of the P36 series was the last steam locomotive built by the Kolomna Plant and the last passenger steam locomotive produced in the USSR.

Memorial stone in honor of the pioneer builders of the Amur Railway
A memorial plaque in honor of the builders of the Amur Railway was installed in Skovorodino in 2015. The first train arrived at the Skovorodino station on December 19, 1911. At the beginning of the 20th century, in order to speed up the construction of the tracks, work went on simultaneously on several sections. The Amur Railway, which was then the terminus of the Trans-Siberian Railway, played an important role in the development of the region. Construction began in 1907 and completed in 1910. The Trans-Siberian Railway was put into full operation in 1916, when a bridge was built over the Amur River.


Retro park

On the territory of the Skovorodino railway station there is a retro-park of railway equipment and infrastructure elements. The exposition presents unique exhibits reflecting the development of railway transport on the Trans-Baikal Railway in the early and middle of the 20th century. Among the rarities presented are a P43 turnout switch, manufactured by the Kuznetsk Metallurgical Plant in 1950, a Melentiev system turnout control lock, a 1916 steam locomotive hydrocolumn, which was previously installed at 4 km of the Reinovskaya railway line, a traffic light, a wagon trolley for a passenger car, a trailer to the Pioneer motorized rubber and other rarities. The open-air museum was placed between the memorial complex in honor of the first builders of the Amur railway and the monument-locomotive P-36. Also, the retro park was replenished with a new exposition, a model of the "Cherepanovs' steam locomotive", assembled at the Nizhny Tagil plant by Russian serfs, craftsmen Yefim and Miron Cherepanovs in 1833. The large steam locomotive now has a sign “Remember! We are proud! We honor!”, perpetuating the memory of 69 employees of the Skovorodino locomotive depot, participants in the Great Patriotic War. A "Memory Alley" appeared for the participants of the Great Patriotic War - the railway workers of the Skovorodino station junction. "Memory Alley" is a symbol of eternity.



1907 - a winter hut was built, the first settlement 30 km from Reinovo.
1908 - the construction of the Zmeiniy station settlement began.
1909 - the village of Zmeiny was renamed into Never-1.
1911 - the village was visited by the Minister of Railways Sergey Vasilyevich Rukhlov, the village was renamed Rukhlovo.
1914 - movement on the Amur railway began.
1918 - the Council of Working People's Deputies (Sovdep) was elected and the Rukhlovsky District was formed with the center in the village of Rukhlovo.
1919 - the first partisan detachments appeared.
1920, February - Afanasy Nikolayevich Skovorodin, the first chairman of the village council, was elected. The shooting (by the Japanese invaders) and the funeral of A. N. Skovorodin.
1920, March - the surrender of the Japanese invaders.
1923, July 31 - arrival of the Chairman of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee Mikhail Ivanovich Kalinin.
1926 - Zeya district was formed with the center in the urban-type settlement Rukhlovo.
1927, February 4 - by the decision of the Presidium of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee, the village of Rukhlovo was transformed into the city of Rukhlovo.
1927 - one of the world's first experimental permafrost station (OMS) was created in the city.
1932, August 1 - the regional newspaper "Amurskaya Zvezda" begins to be published.
1933, September - the repressed scientist Pavel Alexandrovich Florensky is sent to the OMS.
1934 - the Zeya region was formed with the center in the city of Rukhlovo.
1936−1937 - the city of Rukhlovo became part of the Chita region.
1938, December 16 - by the decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the RSFSR, the city of Rukhlovo was renamed into the city of Skovorodino.
1939 - the construction of the telephone line was completed, the city received a direct connection with Moscow.
1941 - a railway school was opened in the city.
1943, October 30 - by the decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, a resident of the city Georgy Ivanovich Surnin was awarded the title of Hero of the Soviet Union.
1945 - the 614th Khingan Rifle Regiment of the 396th Khingan Division was formed.
August 17, 1945 - Marshal of the Soviet Union Alexander Mikhailovich Vasilevsky gave an ultimatum to the command of the Japanese army to end hostilities and complete surrender from a spare communications center in Skovorodino.
1948 - The Amur Region was separated from the Khabarovsk Territory into an independent region of the RSFSR, the Skovorodinsky District of the Chita Region was included in it.
1967 - The obelisk at the mass grave of the railway workers burned by the Japanese invaders was moved to the city cemetery.
1975, November 6 - opening of the "Grieving Mother" memorial.
1978, April 4 - General Secretary of the CPSU Central Committee, Chairman of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR Leonid Ilyich Brezhnev visited the city.
1986 - a railway overpass was built.
1989, September 2 - A memorial was opened in memory of the formation of the 614th Khingan Rifle Division.
1992, June 22 - a monument to the Hero of the Soviet Union G.I.Surnin was erected.
1994 - an Orthodox parish was opened and an Orthodox church was built.
1996, March 28 - the charter and the coat of arms of the city were approved.
2010, August 29 - Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin opened the Russian section of the Russia-China oil pipeline, starting in Skovorodino.
2011, October 14 - there was an earthquake with a magnitude of 6 at about 4:15 pm local time. The earthquake did not result in destruction or casualties. Some damage was noted: the wall of the central boiler house of the city collapsed, the heat and water supply system in the local school No. 3 was damaged (some premises of the school were also damaged).



The city is located on the left bank of the Bolshoi Never River (left tributary of the Amur), 669 km from Blagoveshchensk.



The climate is sharply continental. Winter is very frosty (January average temperature is −27 °С), and summer is quite hot and moderately humid (July average temperature is +18 °С), with large daily fluctuations (during the day it can be hot up to +34° - +37°, and at night cools down to + 13 ° - + 16 ° С).

Average annual air temperature: -3.8 °C
Relative humidity: 70.0%
Average wind speed: 2.0 m/s


Mass media

Printed publications
Amur Star



In 2017, by the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation in the territories of the municipalities Svobodnensky district, the city of Svobodny and the city of Skovorodino, the territory of advanced socio-economic development "Svobodny" was created.

Pipeline "Eastern Siberia - Pacific Ocean".
Main gas pipeline "Power of Siberia"