Tolga Vvedensky Monastery is a Russian
Orthodox convent situated on the left bank of the Volga
river. It was found in 1314. Tolga Monastery contains several
churches around its area. This includes Church of Saint
Nicholas (1672), Tolga monastery was closed in 1926 by
Soviet government. In 1987 Tolga was transferred back to the
Orthodox Church. It was the first convent in Yaroslavl
Oblast that was returned to church and re- settled by nuns.